Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Confused, buffaloed, wondering.... Why was this thread closed? LINK to mystery closure.
Not contentious nor political. It's not complimentary of Black Frigate, but surely that's no reason to shut down a thread - with no explanation. Could we please understand? Or maybe it was simply closed in error. (?)

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I was wondering that myself, but then remembered the "THOU SHALT NOT QUESTION THE MODS!!" stuff. So I went with, "Eh, screw it. Not worth it.".

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Probably because it was a giveaway and the gift was given.

This is what I was thinking. The giveaway was spoken for 5 days ago. I thought that the mods just got around to closing it down.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Possibly, but removing an offending post from a thread that's active doesn't require closing in every case I can think of.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
For every post sent on Pipe and Tobacco Ad sections, Al gets an RSS feed. That means every single time someone posts 'nice pipe' under a pipe ad, Al receives an email. Those sections are not for discussion but sale only. Once the deal is done, the thread can be closed or deleted by a mod. I will reopen it and move to Tobacco Discussion.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
By the way, I am going to close this one. It is not allowed to discuss an action of a mod in public. Next time you have a question, feel free to PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.