PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I went to the New Orleans Pipe Show with the goal of meeting some great fellow pipe smokers and come home with one artisan carved pipe. After walking through the show for 5 hours or so, I finally made the purchase of a Zack Hamric pipe I believe he calls a "Snapping Turtle." It's a beautiful reverse calabash pipe - a style I had heard a little about but didn't know anything about.
Started breaking it in yesterday and let's just say that I am amazed at how well this pipe smokes. Even without having any cake, the tobacco (I smoked Senior Chief from the Country Squire) burned slowly, cooly and all the way to the bottom until their was nothing but ash.
So, buying a Zack Hamric was a definite win for me.
Thanks for a great pipe.

(this post was not paid for by Zack24)

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
That is a pretty pipe, my friend. I am so jealous! Glad you had a good time at the show.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Pappy, that is a swell picture, beautiful pipe, and if my Cane Crop does good I may get one also, Zack has always been a Stand-up guy on this Forum, talent galore, his Fathers carvings attest to that. Smoke her in Good Health.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Saw that pipe early the evening before and was amazed. Zach is a talent and a great guy. Greta was a pleasure to be around as well.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
I saw the pipe you picked up. It was good chatting with you - although you were mostly chatting with Wes about photography in the back of the bus. We didn't even know you went by Pappy Joe on CSR podcast.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Now that was funny...:) Glad you enjoyed the pipe!
Thanks again to Toby and all the guys who worked so hard to make this a fantastic show. I heard from several people there that this was the best venue for a show they had seen- I agree, and am looking forward to the next one...
The other thing I really enjoyed was meeting so many folks from the forum- I probably met more at this show than any we've attended...Good times were had by all...

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Now that was funny...:) Glad you enjoyed the pipe!
Thanks again to Toby and all the guys who worked so hard to make this a fantastic show. I heard from several people there that this was the best venue for a show they had seen- I agree, and am looking forward to the next one...
The other thing I really enjoyed was meeting so many folks from the forum- I probably met more at this show than any we've attended...Good times were had by all...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow, impressive pipe. That's the one to smoke when you have a pipe-smoking audience to appreciate it.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
That's the one to smoke when you have a pipe-smoking audience to appreciate it.
Made a bunch of those in the past couple of years-that's always been Greta's favorite pipe...:)
ddc17d.jpg

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Any special tips for breaking my pipe in?
Not really...just load it to the top and enjoy it....and then repeat often! I've had that design in 20mph wind on the beach and it still smokes cool....

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Zack does some great work. I just realized that I need to drop the "K" I've been putting on his last name.....! It was great to meet you at the show and at The Tinder Box earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.