PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
My apartment complex post their policy clearly at the enterance: NO SOLICITING. Here's how foodkingonline.com handles the matter after I remind them of the policy and ask that they not knock on my door anymore.
http://youtu.be/x5hPk40Chd8

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Sorry you had to deal with that. People like the ones featured in the video grate on my nerves.
If I'm not mistaken, as the offending parties had difficult time speaking clearly, the Cro-magnon guy mentioned the company's record with the Better Business Bureau? While mouthing off at you for addressing their rule breaking?
Call the BBB. You have video evidence, and what they did was a big "no-no" as far as the BBB is concerned.

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Were you praying, as I would've been, that the jerk would take a swing at you? I can't imagine a more gratifying bump in an otherwise boring day than to beat the snot out of some sociopathic dick who thinks the world is there to serve him and only him, and who thinks he's tougher than anyone he's ever met. And catching it on video, he'd be facing assault charges instead of the police just charging the winner of the scuffle.
Well, this was only the second half of the conversation (I use the term loosely). I thought, at one point, that he was going to swing at me. He was all up in my face and bowed up. That's when I took out my phone, right in front of them, and started the video.

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
I think the guy was trying to threaten me at :38
I think so. There was obviously a rock in the cave that he had claimed for himself and you stepped on it. Watch out or big flash of light from sky will strike you!

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Even with a "permit" for solicitation, they are on private property. The permit would have to be from the apartment complex owners. (By the way, I originally had a typo of solicitatin and thought that it was appropriate to the people you dealt with)

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Even with a "permit" for solicitation, they are on private property. The permit would have to be from the apartment complex owners.
The solicitors were gone by the time the apartment staff got news of them and went out to find them. The staff said to call the police next time and they will work with the authorities to tresspass the solicitors.

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Well at least you actually have the management on your side and they aren't just shrugging it off.
Oh yeah, they're not happy with this at all! They've requested the information off of the van... Don't know what they are going to do, but they saw the video and it pissed them off too!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I have a sign at my apartment complex that also states no solicitors but I always end up with plenty of restaurant ads on my door knob. Either the people can not read or they just do not care. Perhaps even a combination of both.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Sorry you had to go through that. I was once a door to door salesman for about a week in Texas selling digital phone services. I never went to the doors that said no soliciting..my boss told me that I had to anyways, he also told me to sign up people and then a week later cancel their subscriptions if they were on the fence, that way I could have the sales and he would look good. I quit and I reported him to the main boss.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
WOW! LMAO! What a couple of disrespectful low-lifes! I would call BBB and the company they work for. You have video evidence of them blatanly disobeying your right to privacy and no soliciting. They were the ones who handles the situation wrong not you. They seem so worried about people interfering with their 'lively hood to feed their family' and not worried about the public disrespect to their potential customers and their customers. If that were me I would call BBB and that food delivery company. Maybe they should have thought more about their families and appologized to you instead of arguing and causing more problems for themselves.
Idiots, just complete, bonefied idiots.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
That is why we never hang out in the front room of our house and have the doorbell disconnected . Everyday when I get home I pick up all the trash left on my front door . I have had lawn crews ask if I needed a yard crew while mine was working in the yard . :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.