pcr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2014
Curious if anyone is participating in this? www.no-shave.org

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
I participate in Movember. Both seem to share the same goal, so I don't know why there are two of them.
Anyway, I couldn't join Movember last year, but I did for the 2 years before that. In 2013 my sponsors and I managed to raise around €1500,00, it was quite nice. I plan to join this year.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
No, I won't be shaving during November...or December, or January...
j6ml1j.jpg

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Beards and pipes smells like hipster to me :)

I usually do Movember, its great,you raise money and look like a scouser scally for a month ha ha.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I'll bet you're not any good at playing "Hipster or Hasidic?"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ACkfbi8vyo

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Haven't done No Shave November since I left dorm life. Plus I'm afraid if I had facial hair it would join forces with my back hair and I would eventually look like an untidy wolfman.

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
You see, that's what I like about Movember: you don't "forego grooming", if anything you become even more conscious about it! :{)

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
It's a winter thing with me, longer hair to protect the neck from the cold and sometimes a beard to cut the cold and wind. Otherwise, it's just the mustache. The mustache is there to hold the smell of blends and snacks for the dog. I have to keep that year round as the pup expects it.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I have a circle beard/door knocker and was curious if participants were expected to let every thing go wild. The site stated that grooming and trimming were acceptable, so I'll send them a check. Of course, you could shave and still support the effort. Pax

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
My facial hair changes all the time. Historically, I have shaved completely down to bare skin in late October and kept it that way through Christmas. I then grow it all out for three or four months after the first of the year and then cut that full beard back to some sort of goatee or handlebar situation. Occasionally, I will go with mustache only for the summer, but not always. This year it will LOOK like I'm participating, because I decided to start my grow out two weeks ago, but it really has nothing to do with this or any other event.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
What a crock of shit there's already a well established Movember where you sport a mustache and don't go around looking like an unkept slob to raise awareness for prostate cancer, pick a different month if you're going to start some other fundraising thing. Like do it around the hockey playoffs and tie it into that at least, you could get the NHL probably sponsoring it. It's like if some other woman's group did some raise awareness for cervical cancer during breast cancer month shit would fly. Not to bash guys who don't shave but that first 20 days or so you look like a scrub.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
What a crock of shit there's already a well established Movember where you sport a mustache and don't go around looking like an unkept slob to raise awareness for prostate cancer, pick a different month if you're going to start some other fundraising thing. Like do it around the hockey playoffs and tie it into that at least, you could get the NHL probably sponsoring it. It's like if some other woman's group did some raise awareness for cervical cancer during breast cancer month shit would fly. Not to bash guys who don't shave but that first 20 days or so you look like a scrub.

Status
Not open for further replies.