PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

volsmcfalls

Lurker
Feb 14, 2011
Greetings everyone.
I have heard that there will be no 2015 Father's Day line from Peterson this year, but I can't get a confirmation on that. Can someone confirm this?
If it's true, it saddens me deeply. I have a 2012 Father's Day pipe from Peterson for the birth of my firstborn. We are expecting our second child in May and I would love to have a 2015 Father's Day pipe to commemorate this. But it looks like I'm out of luck :(

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think these series are pretty much driven by sales, so perhaps last year's Father's Day pipe didn't do well. On the other hand, the release could just be late. While we wait to find out, you could pick out an alternative that will serve as your Father's Day pipe, a shape and finish you especially like.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Peterson.ie is showing 5 father's day pipes. You may have to order from overseas. Sorry, don't know how to paste direct link from this smarter-than-me phone

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
No info has been sent out to retailers regarding a Father's Day pipe. Of course, the rest of the St. Patrick's Day pipes are just now rolling in so who knows.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I've been watching for these pipes too. My wife and kids would like to get me one for Father's Day this year. I sure hope they make them for 2015.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
I would watch "Pipe Divan"
I have purchased from them. They are in Dublin and you can get Petersons there for cheaper than any US site.

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
Just got word from the Peterson rep that so far he has not heard anything regarding a Father's Day pipe so it sounds like it's not going to be available this year.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'll apologize in advance for a hair-brained scheme, but could Forums members, by consensus nominate their own Peterson Father's Day pipe for 2015? My nomination is any of the Peterson pipes in the 606 shape, which offers a wide range of price levels. Why 606? On the recent thread about under-appreciated shapes, the pot was cited more than once, and Peterson has always done an unusually handsome pot shape. However, the Forums members as a group might select an entirely different pipe. Just thought I'd throw the shape 606's hat in the ring. We're an important pipe caucus; we can call our own tune.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
mso: I did not know what the 606 shape was so I went searching. I like it! It is good that some of them have a nice wide chamber. I am starting to appreciate that after getting a Rattrays six friends shape 5 which is around 23mm wide. I seem to get a different flavour profile in this compared to other pipes with the same tobacco.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Another advantage of Forums members "decreeing" the 606 shape the Peterson Fathers Day pipe, in the absence of Peterson doing a special pipe design, is that while giving up the variety of shapes usually offered, it gives a wide range of price levels, so for example, the family of a young dad, with all those expenses, could get a more moderately priced pipe, from about $96, to hundreds, for the well-settled gift givers. To see a fairly complete array, just go go smokingpipes.com, to the Peterson page, and use the refine search app, entering "pot" under shape, and you will see the whole array. I think they go from about $96 to about $300 or a little higher.

briarhillgeoff

Might Stick Around
Nov 8, 2014
Peterson has some nice new ones coming out and I'm waiting for those - like the Atlantic and the Fisherman series - plus I really want the Founder's Pipe/Pipe of Year. And of course their seasonal Summertime and Special Reserve tobacco.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Buy yourself a nice Peterson anyway McFalls. I see paylesspipes.com still has some 2014 Father's day pipes on sale.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It sounds as if there is a Father's Day pipe available in Ireland but not the U.S., at least not yet. I thought Father's Day started in the U.S., and that the U.S. was the natural market for this holiday's pipes, but maybe that's not true. Still, I'm amazed Peterson would miss the opportunity to sell them here. Sounds like a mistake in the marketing department.

rfernand

Oct 2, 2015
Rather late to this -- I would have nominated the 106. And If I could have design it, I would have made it a smooth PLip, with a fat sterling silver band, a bow-tie engrave in the front, with the year on the back of the band, and in Killarney red. I would have put a gold standard "P" on the stem, and perhaps done the new laser branding instead of the traditional stamping.

Status
Not open for further replies.