No One Said Anything About My Pipe Smoking!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
My wife and I had several friends over for the GA/AU football game and I smoked a little before and a little after the game. Not one of my friends ribbed me about it. Now, most did when they saw me doing it for the first time in their presence, but I guess they realize now its a part of who I am.

At least my BIL did have a cigar while I smoked my pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My tax preparer was reminiscing with my wife about cigarette habits of long ago, and she turned to me and said,

you don't smoke, do you? And I said, well, I do smoke a pipe. And she smiled and said, "Oh, of course!" So I guess

I look the part.

mtnfolkmike

Might Stick Around
Oct 27, 2013
that is cool.. you're a lucky man.. i have had a few friends make comments here and there.. i really only have 1 other good friend that smokes a pipe..

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I had this exact same thing with some guys I shoot with. It sort of feels funny thought to light up that first time.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I get called "Grandpa" all the time from friends and family. I suppose that's better than presumptuous asshole :)

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I'm tryin' with the facial hair, Jason, I'm tryin! I don't grow a good beard, neither does my brother! Our facial hair grows nearly identically, sparse and patchy! Except for the mustache, I can grow a killer mustache! It's funny, my Dad can grow a Grizzly Adams in a week or two, but not me and my brother! I guess we take after my Mom's side of the family, none of them can grow a decent beard.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Wow Sfsteves, my kids also call my father in law Grandad. He is from Kinsale, Ireland if that means anything

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
pete I hear ya. I cannot grow a decent mustache. Now sideburns/mutton chops and a chin beard I can do! As my avatar can attest.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I'm in the process of growing a beard, however it is coming in rather grey at this point. So throw in a pipe, fedora and a grey beard and I get called grandpa all the time (I'm 39). Oh well, in my 20s it may have bothered me, but now, to hell with them!

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Most of my friends don't even realize I smoke a pipe until they walk into my little corner of my house ( my office, my pipe room, my gun room) and then they see all the pipes and are like " You smoke a pipe?" :puffpipe:
BTW very cool that your friends where good with your pipe!

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
My friends are all comfortable with it, some are becoming jealous and two have been 'converted' from non-smokers to pipe smokers!

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
That's funny. I doubt I look the "part", but since my pipe is stuck in my face pretty much constantly, I've only once gotten any ribbing, and it took all of me to avoid punching the guy in the face. It was at a party, a total stranger, and luckily for him, my wife was there, and I wasn't drunk enough yet. For the most part, I seem to get positive looks, or people ignore me, which is what I prefer.
If my pipe isn't in my face, it's in my pocket. I do not go anywhere without it, and smoke it every chance I get.
Yes, I'm very defensive about my pipe, because it is my best friend, after my wife, and my dog. Nothing in this world, and I mean NOTHING, gives me as much joy and serenity as my pipe. In fact, my wife or dog could leave me, but nothing will part me from my PIPE!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I grow my beard( as I am doing now for the winter) it is all white so I look very natural with a pipe hanging out of my gaping maw. My kids tell me I look like a grand pa, but they do like the look.
bryan,
In fact, my wife or dog could leave me, but nothing will part me from my PIPE!
You are a man after my own heart, that is the definition of a true pipe smoker. I applaud you sir!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Brain read title as, "Now, no one said anything about my pipe smoking!

As if the pipe was smoking itself and you were astonished at the very idea of it.
I need more coffee, or something.
On Topic: People still rib me about my pipe smoking because they'll never get used to it. Used to the smoke. Still flabbergasted by the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.