No more pipes for... 5 months! I think I can do it; I KNOW I CAN!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipevilleworld

Might Stick Around
Apr 12, 2011
I got my sixth Mario Grandi in the mail direct from Roma, Italy today (6th in 2 months)... oh and... a Nording too. LOL. I am making a vow to not purchase anymore pipes fooooooooooor... five months. I almost blew that at 9pm tonight; for Crice sakes... saw a beautiful Mario Grandi estate on Ebay for about $50.00 but... I heeded. I think I can do this; I know I can! Five months; no pipes. I didn't anything about tobacco though... LOL.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
You my friend are doomed , you have PAD and there is no cure . As for myself I have been PAD free since I got four pipes from StrongIrish a couple months back .My prescription to you is to buy four Marios at once and get plenty of rest .

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
I've heard of a man that tried to go 6 months without buying another pipe to add to his collection.

No one ever heard of him again.

Some say he gave into temptation and wound up moving to Italy just so he didn't have to pay for shipping, yet others say he died of an empty slot in his pipe-rack...
Good luck on that one pipeville, because you're definitely going to need it my friend...most definitely going to need it... :puffy:

pipevilleworld

Might Stick Around
Apr 12, 2011
I CAN DO IT. I'll take my methadone like prescribed. I'LL GO TO ALL MY MEETINGS... start my 12 stepping... get clean! GET CLEAN! I CAN DO IT! LOL.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Here is a cure. Spend several hundred, ok thousand, on woodworking tools and briar. Then make your own pipes. From personal experience, sawdust can be very addictive.
Winton

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
. . . we're such a supportive bunch XD enabling old currs that we are.
Good luck with it mate, after I get my Uncle Arthur, I myself have sworn it off for many moons to come. However, I was doing good (3 whole months!) before Arthur, and really he's just making up for an unfulfilled order in a sense so I didn't -really- cheat my self-order :P.
My point is. . . it can be done! MAybe. . .

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I am not going to get any more pipes either, at least for a few months. My rotation is getting so long that I only get to smoke my favorites once a week or less.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I've found the best way to cut back on buying pipes, is to lose your job :)

Its ALMOST worked for me.

I've only got 3 new pipes since then.

But, for the record, I've sold about 20 of them.

Sirbogglesworth hit it on the head. Arthur sponsoring a PAD recovery is like asking Tyrone Biggums how to get off drugs.

Peanut butter and crack sandwiches mmmmmmmmmmm.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
5 months? I'm trying to go a week without buying a new pipe or tobacco, because next week is the CHICAGO SHOW!!!!!!
Mustn't buy anything before Chicago... mustn't buy anything before Chicago...

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Alas, given in to temptation. ;-) As previously stated, it is an incurable disorder we all have.
Looks like a beauty tho. Hope it smokes well for you.

forsooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
Gaaaa, Pipeville. This was worse than Kramer's almost instant capitulation in the Seinfeld episode, "The Contest."

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
I gave up buying pipes and pipe tobacco for Lent. I made it! Although I did get some tobacco "samples" heh...heh...heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.