PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Hi all, I was just thinking, it's been over 4 weeks ago I put out My last cig nail. Just pipes for this Guy from now on. I smoked pipes off and on for years with nails but no more. I'm retired now and have the time too go full time pipe and don't miss the nails at all. :clap:

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Two years, seven months, seventeen days for me.... :clap:
Three Cheers!
Hip-hip
icon_cheers.png

Hip-hip
icon_cheers.png

Hip-hip
icon_cheers.png

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I have it all planned out in my head, how I will quit cigs one weekend and totally switch over. Yet, here I am still with a cig in my hand, envious of you.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Thank You all, I'm happy. All the members droping nails, well get a old pipe, stuff and puff untill the need for nails is gone. --- Good luck to all, if I can do it You all can too. :clap:

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Thanks, The way I did it was to use a old dirty pipe and when I needed a nail I would use it and never clean it after I'd smoked it tasted like crap then I would smoke a good clean pipe WOW it taste good. After a few days I just couldn't get Myself to smoke the dirty one, the one I called My nails. Now I have it all cleaned up and use it with the rest of My pipes.------NO MORE NAILS----Other Members trying to stop the nails give it a shot it may wook for You as well. Good Luck (ace57) :puffy:

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
Congratulations Rod. :worship:

I guess that I am simply out of touch,

as it never even dawned on me the fact that people that smoke pipes also smoke cigarettes?

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
Almost one year for me...no more of those cigs for me.

I feel better, breath better, smell better, and not smoking that paper with floor dustings for tobacco...

Much better appreciation and contemplation of life and of the Universe with my corn cob !!

and...I love the many varieties of flavors, aromas, textures, and adventures that pipes bring. The pictures of those "Pipe Babes" helps too... :worship: :puffy:

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
well none today for me and i can thank the Bowlegged Bear a pipe full of that with my morning coffee and i didnt need my morning nail

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
CONGRATS Ace57, I smoke cigs and pipe tobacco, trying to stop the nails, but it's tough, might have to go on the patches again...which would be my 20th time trying to quit...But I enjoy my cigs when I don't have enought time for a pipe

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
Its a hard one for sure..I don't get it? You smoked a dirty pipe? Was it filled with cig tobacco or just a dirty pipe (filled with pipe tobacco)when you had cravings??????

Also what pipe tobacco has a lot of vit N? So maybe that would help the switch? I am having trouble too. Infact sometimes a pipe will make me want a nail. I'm sure whatever baccy I'm smoking at the time hasn't to much vit N in it. But its like a tease or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.