PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
I have seen many good people excited about the current H&H sale happening at P&C, but I can't find anyone that has mentioned the text that accompanies the sale:
Hearth & Home Marquee has become an iconic premium brand for Russ Ouellette and Pipes and Cigars. From his initial releases to his newest blends, loyal fans have come to enjoy everything this brand has to offer. Russ prides himself in making sure his blends deliver you with a great smoking experience. Blends like BlackHouse and WhiteKinght have become a staple for many. The other blends are just as unique and premium so now is the time to try something new or revisit something you may not have smoked in a while.
Sadly, due to some new regulations that are coming, all of the current Hearth and Home Marquee blends will disappear from the market. If you smoke these blends on a regular basis or have wanted to try a few, now is the time. We are providing you the best opportunity to stock up and save over the next 2 months with this Buy 2 Get 1 Free offer. All you need to do is add as many tins as you would like in multiples of 3 and we will do the rest!
No more Black House!? Say it ain't so!
-Joe

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Russ has stated on the forum that it'll be around till at least years end if not longer. I stocked up up 45tins in this sale.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I believe, if nothing changes, they can go on for about 18 more months. P&C has to decide how much they want to produce with the uncertainty. Now is the time. If the deeming date gets moved to May 2016, you still would have a great blend at a great price for your cellar. It will not get cheaper moving forward, the value should increase, so a decent/great investment to boot.

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
I'm glad it'll be available until the end of the year, I just hope it isn't constantly Out Of Stock due to the rush to cellar as much as possible. I ordered a few tins today.
Funny, I have followed this FDA stuff for a long while now, but still find myself much more affected/taken aback than I would think everytime I hear about these rules erasing blends. Tough times.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'm glad it'll be available until the end of the year, I just hope it isn't constantly Out Of Stock due to the rush to cellar as much as possible. I ordered a few tins today.
There are a lot of "endangered blends" out there for the hoarders and scalpers to chase, so don't worry. Marquee blends will still be available. More likely, the red foamed piranha fest will form around Balkan Sobranie, since people are easily gouged for that tin and it will be going to sleep with the fishes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Germain's stepping up production on that festering pustule to get out what they can while they can.
Not that I have any opinions on the matter. :puffy:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Well, then, let's just call it a viewpoint! I'd like to disagree with that scenario, but cannot without huge amounts of unfounded hope.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Well, then, let's just call it a viewpoint! I'd like to disagree with that scenario, but cannot without huge amounts of unfounded hope.
About Germain's Balkan Sobranie becoming piranha bait, or it going into the cornfield, or it being a bad version? It will get banned in the US for sure as it wasn't revived until 2011, but will probably be available overseas. People are already paying $40 a tin for new stuff. So it's a natural piranha target.
On the plus side, Germain's has been upping production of the Esoterica blends. It only took them 8 years to notice the demand.
If Krumble Kake don't show up soon, you can forget about it.
By and large popular products will be on shelves for the next 18-20 months, then get phased out so that there isn't much unsold stock left when the grace period runs out. The less popular stuff will go out of production sooner to avoid overstock. I'd also assume that a lot of private tobacconist blends, like Pipeworks and Wilke, will disappear.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"I'd also assume that a lot of private tobacconist blends, like Pipeworks and Wilke, will disappear."
That would be a huge bummer.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Lord, I hope this doesn't affect the supply of Trout Stream...stockpiling only puts off the day of reckoning and I can't afford it anyway. I wonder if this might be an issue to exercise a little civil disobedience. What are they going to do, arrest tobacco blenders?

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
uncertainty is what led me to stock 20 tins each of Black House and White Knight and a dozen ElNino.
The possibility of forever losing some of P&C's (as well as other company') house blends, especially the "Best of the Rest" is what bothers me the most. Will be stocking up on that too

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Oh... forgot... @sparrowhawk... I found that Trout Stream didn't store well for me, at least here. I found a well sealed mason jar of it I had put away maybe 3 years ago and just reopened a week or two ago(after just reordering more). The magic was all but gone... the perfectly wallowsome butterscotchness of Trout Stream had evaporated into a generic sweet cavendish sort of muted scent... pleasant, but not at all inspiring. And even the colors had faded. (Jar had been in what I thought was an optimal cool, dark place.) I sure hope all our favorites don't go the way the dodo. I'll seriously miss Black House too when mine is all gone. ... sigh again...

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I think that, according to the responses from Congressmen posted elsewhere here, that the date will be changed from 2007 until 2016 so that Marquee series, Macbaren's HH series and many more of the newer blends will be grandfathered in. You can definitely kiss bulk, single store blenders, monthly blends, and free samples at pipe shows and in brick and mortars goodbye.
I did read the FDA report and it was amusing and extremely sad at the same time. In my career as educator I saw some really, really horse crap statistics. Nothing was near the level and banality of the statistics in the FDA paper. In fact, I think the paper may win a Hugo Award (annual science fiction awards), or maybe even a Pulitzer for fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.