PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Well Les Wood, of Ferndown pipes, has announced his retirement after 53 years making pipes and fine silver work first with Dunhill then on his own.
I have one it's a bamboo shank w/o any of the silver work Les was renowned for. Well I remedied that today by getting this 2* Ferndown/Parks Premier Bulldog. The bowl was turned by Les and rusticated by Michael Parks. Les added his signature shank cap and a lovely cap atop this diamond shank dawg.

banjo
8da1574d55ee2ad4da6e93d69415f0af48fd33e.jpeg

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Congrats on your score. There are actually several threads including one with the exact title announcing his retirement.Les is a good friend and I love his pipes. He is looking forward to spending more time doing the things he loves such as fishing and hunting. I am happy for him and Dolly.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm glad there is still a supply in inventory at two or three retailers, and that he may make some pipes in the future, as he sees fit. They are done with great passion, restraint, and design sense.

gtrhtr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2016
I thought about that pipe as well, it looks great. If you want to be further impressed, check out tarheel's post on the same topic and look at his mighty collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.