PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Well just got back from our fishing trip (my son and I) we've been out since 6am and no damn luck :( worst part is we both had a fish that let go (they didnt hook all the way) as we were taking them out of the water... I think they both bit close to shore as we were reeling in... any ways... no luck with the fish but we had a hell of a time together and of course 3 bowls of some Nightcap in a Kaywoodie sure as shit helped :)
Thinking about it now I think it was too hot today... stupid weather is almost at 80 degrees right now... but oh well. Theres always "next time" :puffy:

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Where do you live captain? Wish it were 80 degree here. I am glad you had a good time!

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
@bigboi ... I live in southern Cali.
@redbeard... I ended up going to Guasti, never been there before. I need to plan a trip up to the high sierras where my son and I can spend a whole weekend fishing on a real lake

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
We just called that an early catch and release, which is what we do anyway.

Treasure the father son time, my boy is out with his buddies right now and here I sit.
On the plus side, I have a Beefeater martini and a top black cherry in my new L'Anatra that was a Christmas gift from my son...... :puffy:

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
I used to work thar in fontana. Would buy tobacco over at Davids; and then hang out at zafutos to smoke.

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
HAHA i saw this and could not resist posting .... had an absolute cracker out on the water today ... 17 Snapper between the two of us in roughly 2 hours with many many put back ... smallest coming in at 35cm ... only problem i encountered was when rebaiting hooks and a huge strike on the other rod... pipe fell out of my mouth in the excitment and my first reaction was to grab it .... with stinking squidbait all over my hands lmao thankfully it was only a cheap cob but it totally ruins the smoke, that fresh squid guts aroma does not mix well with choc creme

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
I've been there with my dad a few times captain :)
Then we started going to mammoth for a week at a time, made that the tradition.... Great memories, good rainbow trout.

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
Now atht u mention it how many pipe smokers are also trout fishermen? i know i am and think the two things go together bloody well

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I'd love to be a trout fisherman, but here in Dallas TX it's pretty much bass and crappie. lazyb, if you ever want to go to Montana or Idaho for some real trout fishin' count me in!

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
lol i would love to travel round the world smoking a pipe and fishing , lucky for me tho ...even tho i cant afford to NZ has some of the best trout fishing in the world and i can totally recommend it to anyone ... lol just make sure you bring your own stash of baccy

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Yeah we mainly fish for Trout as thats what my son loves to eat (well I guess we all do)... I might make a day trip in the next week or two up to Big Bear Lake, Lake Arrowhead or Silverwood Lake ( I realize most of you dont know where these are, :P )

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Captain when you start losing fish look at your hooks, sometimes they need to be sharpened, used to salt water trout fish and when that occurred for me I would wet stone my hooks. The old cajun

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
Look at it this way,,a bad day of fishing beats a good day of working every time!

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
well if any of you guys would like to try a few flies made in NZ free and easy pls send me a PM and let me know what your after and where u will be fishing ( dry flies , nymphs ect ect ) and i will send you some of mine ... it would be awesome if my flies caught fish all over the world and not just NZ ( lol tho they have already caught in a few places) and of course ...enjoy a pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.