PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I was a bit surprised that none of the usual suspects seem to be running a Labor Day sale. Is this standard? I've been a pipe/cigar smoker for quite some time but I was never cellaring before so it's not like I've checked before.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I was thinking the same thing. Off today and I was ready to jump on same decent sales but there are none as of yet.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
if smokingpipes will do their part, i'll do mine.
got my eye on a fine straight billiard over there.

ruscho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
I've been holding back an order for Labor Day sales or at least August monthly deals - very disappointed so far by the lack of any.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I was surprised that none of the online retailers did any sales, too. I guess they all wanted

a slack time. I have a site or two where I am watching for online sales, but I haven't seen

any signals yet.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
I have been waiting to pounce too. Given the current stockpiling craze, I would say they are missing out on some serious bucks by not running a sale. I would imagine that many others were hoping for a sale.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Too bad your not shopping for a new car. The car dealers advertising on T.V., and just about every other merchandiser started their Labor Day sales three weeks ago! lol I imagine they will start their Halloween sales by tomorrow, or is that Christmas sales? :roll:

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
After I thought about this for a while, I realized- Perhaps there are no sales BECAUSE of the current stockpiling craze. Why put it on sale if you will sell it anyway?

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
P&C just had their big customer appreciation week which was huge business for them, so I'm not surprised they passed on doing another sale.

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Just getting back into pipe smoking it sure would have been nice for a couple of labor day sales. I need to get some inventory in my hands so I can start trying stuff and establish what I like. I did place an order anyhow so I can power through this local B&M stuff I got that's just ok and get started on some real tobacco.
Billy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard Billy; this crew will have your head swimming with suggestions in no time. Hide your credit

card. Put it in the attic. Seriously, check out the sponsor sites which are among the best online retailers.

Ask for suggestions, specifically as possible, and you'll be deluged.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
The lack of sales didn't end up stopping me from purchasing...just couldn't hold on anymore. I ran out of FMC!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The lack of Labor Day special sales/offers/discounts appears to have been a missed opportunity, but

there are always Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, etc. Someone mentioned car dealers;

heck, every day at a car dealers is a special once in a lifetime sale -- Grandparent's Day, Mexican Independence

Day, Arbor Day. Buy now! Someone told me the day to buy a car is at the end of the year, at the end of the

month, on a rainy day when there are no customers in the dealership.

Status
Not open for further replies.