PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
Looking for some good non aromatics to begin my collection (don't tell my wife I said collection). looking to spend between $30-40. would like to get at least 3 tins. The number of choices is overwhelming. Any suggestions?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Try the Sutlife brands, about 8$ a tin, Mans Best Friend , Blend #5, Bosphourus Cruise, a few other fellows will chime in, good tobbaco for not a lot of money, I smoke the #5 regularly.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
The Frog Morton collection is a good start for getting out of aros and into Englishes and they are fairly priced.

~Ron

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
If you're interested in burley blends, I would suggest Carter Hall, MacBaren Burley London Blend, and MacBaren Golden Extra. All very mellow non-aro, and easy on the wallet.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
+1 on the Frog Morton line for English blends! For burleys, I'd recommend Carter Hall, Prince Alber, Lane BLWB, and Scotty's Butternut Burley. You can also get some samplers from some of our site sponsors for reasonable prices. Good luck to you!

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think i'm gonna get a handful of sutliff blends and branch out from there.

pipingruotsi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 6, 2013
+1 on the Sutliff and Frogs. I might add Hearth and Home Beverwyck. It's an old-timey blend similar to Barking Dog. Also, Lane HGL would be worth a shot and inexpensive.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
MacBaren's Navy Flake- because it's still my favorite tobacco after three years, and it doesn't he enough attention.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
For a nice Virginia Flake I would grab a tin of either Dunhill Flake or Aslteys 109. For a great Virginia/Perique blend, Escudo. Read up on how to smoke and prepare flakes and the world is your oyster.

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
I went with P&C because of the buy 3 get 1 sale. I ordered sutliff mans best friend, bosphorous cruise, blend no 5, baljan luxury blend 957, frog across the pond, and a couple ounces of H&H AJ's VaPer. thanks for the help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.