PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My son and I shovelled 6" early this morning. Right before leaving, we shovelled another 1-2". Pulled out into the unplowed street, then fought to get back into the driveway. Our church is not officially cancelled, but we can't get there. I am hearing that many have made the same decision that I made.
Anyone else have a similar situation?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No snow, but other plans have preempted church today, although I am a regular on most Sundays.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
I think this happened to the Simpsons once.
Hopefully God is not disappointed in you.

Mar 1, 2014
I can assure you that God is not disappointed with people who stay home because of snow...
I can't be so sure about people who aren't snowed in though.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
As long as you were not harboring negative thoughts, or taking the Lord's name in vain whilst going about the snow removal task, and being that it IS Super Bowl Sunday, God might just look the other way.
When your team makes a touchdown, just glance up and say "Thank You God".

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
The street finally got plowed, but it is still snowing and should for the rest of the night. Wife and daughter praying for a snow day. Driving my son to work was very exciting. Probably more fun when I have to pick him up later. Here is a picture of my backyard.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
No church today due to inclement weather. With the age of our congregation I am sure some of them wouldn't even notice if I took the service and heard confession!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
It requires a very long beard and a bunch of Gandalf style clothes topped off with a suitably large cross and long stragly hair - you can usually spot a White Russian priest or bishop from 50 feet away. These guys make RC's look quite sedate and who would have believed that before the Fourth Council of Constantinople we were all one damned church. Way too confusing for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.