PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
The larger pipes are #6, the smaller #4. The tobacco can with the warning is from the UK. I like panels because I can use them when I am drawing and put them down on the table without them falling over.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I think you should shoot that picture over to MOMA, they're looking for some better photographs! I love the panels and the arrangement.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Nice pic foggy. So now since you can't smoke like you used to, you are gonna make us drool over your royal level collection. :crying: :evil:
Lets see some more. I would like to see one of all your dunnys.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Foggy, your Dunhills are second to none. Love square panels and no one does it better than Dunhill. Great photography too - thanks for sharing.

Aug 14, 2012
Al: MOMA has a program to review photos. Years ago, when I was a serious art photographer, I dropped off two portfolios there. Didn't get much of a reaction. They are a bunch of snobs. A famous name is more important than a good picture to them. They think that they define art. I don't think they even know what it is. I can't put my serious pictures on this site because they are all nudes. (People ask why I shoot nudes. The answer is that the models come to me. The landscapes do not.)

Eaglerico: Yes I will put up little pictures of pipes when I have time because you guys seem to like them.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
I had a square panel Sanivelli, I thought it was ugly and gave it away. These Dunhills are gorgeous.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Foggy
I have not seen square panel Dunhills in my searches. Those are absolutely beautiful, and look in fabulous condition. Are they collectables, or do you smoke out of them?

Aug 14, 2012
Allan: I don't have, as someone here said, "rack queens". All the pipes have been smoked, & I like to get a little carbon on the top surface of the pipe, which bothers a lot of guys. There was a Chinese man who bought one of my pipes on Ebay and wouldn't pay for it because there were signs of use on the top. A neat freak. I am not a neat freak, just ask my poor wife. So I sold it to someone else.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
All the pipes have been smoked
Glad to hear it Foggy - I feel the same. IMHO, a pipe should be smoked, otherwise it's beauty, the briar and craftsmanship is wasted.
I had a square panel Sanivelli, I thought it was ugly and gave it away.
Was it this one? :puffy:
sav-600x399.jpg

This is my only square panel, a Sav. Love this pipe, one of my more reliable smokers.

tonibaruch

Lurker
Nov 20, 2011
Milan, Italy
I share square panel addiction.

And especially addiction for Dunhill square panels.

Perhaps, my most beloved shape (and a very difficult one to make well)
Your one is a great team. One of these days I'll share some of my panels as well.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
WOW,

And all smooth pipes as well!! Over the years I have been accumulating a Dunhill Panel in each finish and still missing a couple. Those that you have are amazing and I'm so glad to hear that you smoke em and enjoy em. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.