PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I am neither a lighter collector nor do I care for the taste of Zippo type lighters, but this little lighter is cool! Anyone else in the Nimrod club?

18495800-orig.jpg

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
The Nimrod Commander knocks that into a cocked hat. Squarely in the club, friend.

kckijana

Lurker
Oct 2, 2012
Have my father's Nimrod and it still works. I wish I could use it regularly, but it is broken on the interior to where the fuel evaporates in a day or two.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
That does look like a pretty cool lighter.
But if you say Nimrod, you gotta sing along...everybody:
Lyndon Nimrod Fountain Pen Johnson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9XBPvyVrao

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
A former piper in my old Seniors Softball league gave me one of those. I tried to use it, but found it more hassle than worth. I guess it's ok for outside use though.

Mine sits on a spice rack dedicated to pipe oddities.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
I have fond memories of my late paternal grandfather using his Nimrod Pipeliter to light his briars and Falcons stoked with either Half and Half or Prince Albert, but alas it was thrown away together with all of his pipes and tobaccos upon his passing in 1968. I was fortunate to be able to purchase a fine used one just like it from the long-gone Darby Pipe Shop in Matoon, Illinois some 20-years later, and I still use it to this good day.

goose61

Lurker
Jun 30, 2018
My parents gave me one back in the 80's during my first go-round with pipes (I think my Dad may have had one back when he smoked in the 60's). Extremely cool, but never had much luck keeping it in working order.
Need to get it out, and see if I can get it working again.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
I have that exact same Nimrod model pictured. I use it sparingly as it was inherited from my father.

I agree that the fuel evaporates pretty fast in it. But I love the design of them.

here is one of the original ads

Lrg_nimrod.jpg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I have two of them, one of which came from my grandfather. I like the nostalgia and they function just fine but I'm constantly refilling them......so they sit in a box and my Corona gets the heavy lifting, or lighting duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.