PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
Just finished a bowl in my WGM DAN98 meerschaum. I have not smoked any in about 3 months. I found this to be pretty powerful fresh. It now has about 6 months on it(I know this is not a lot of age). The blend has mellowed some and I find it to be a wonderful smoke. I am glad to have some tins stashed. I won't be ignoring this baccy anymore. :puffy:

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Mass
Got to agree with you
Can be very powerful on an empty stomach, but very flavorful and full bodied
Nic hit can be rather strong, too.

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
Just tried Nightcap for the first time a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it, it's a keeper!

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
I've just popped a tin that I've had for a couple months and transfered it to a Kilner jar, I'm going to have my first bowl this evening. It does have a delectable odour

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
the "best part of waking up" ain't necessarily folger's in your cup.
it's nightcap in your bowl.

zanthipal

Lurker
Feb 12, 2014
Not a fan when I tried it months ago. Have come to realize that any baccy described as either "spicy" or containing anything except a trace of perique is not for my palate.
However, I may crack open that mason jar once it has 6 months extra age on it, and see if it (or my palate) have changed.

tppytel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2014
Like others noted, I used to smoke Nightcap all the time, despite the description. My tastes eventually shifted to Virginias and VA/Pers, but I still smoke a tin from time to time. And while some will probably disagree, I don't taste a significant difference between the new tins and the old ones blended by Murray's, unlike many of the other Dunhill blends. It's still darn good tobacco.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
prndl -- smoked Nightcap *with* Folgers in my cup, all day today. Goes together nicely.
I didn't care for Nightcap at first, but that's back when my bowls were all flavored by sticky Captain Black-type 'bacco's. Sure was nice having about 10 bowls of it today. (Got me through a long day of makeup work. Much as I like it to relax, it's also a powerful aid in concentration, I find).

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you need a full strength tobacco and you like Latakia, you can depend on Nightcap. If you're just trying it,

treat it with respect. Full stomach. Not a huge bowl for starting out. Don't puff like a train. But once you've

taken its measure, you'll have a friend for life.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Not a big Nightcap fan, but it is one of those blends that when I'm in the mood for I know where to find the same tin I've been working on for over a year. And it has mellowed some since then while also taking on a slightly fruity note that I get hints of from time to time while smoking it.

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
When I first started smoking a pipe, not long ago, I went to a tobacco shop over in Nashville and randomly picked some stuff out of jars and Nightcap happened to be one of them. All I can say is, I sure am glad I was sitting down to smoke it and it still is my favorite tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.