PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

natibo

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I recently opened a new tin of Dunhill Nightcap. I have been smoking it in the evening out of a pipe that was fouled by son. I started doing this to after I thoroughly cleaned the pipe. I thought Nightcap would be a good blend to get rid of the pot smell. I have only been running one pipe cleaner through the pipe and have been smoking it consecutive nights.
So, here is a pipe that for all intents is brand new (salt alcohol treatment, thorough reaming, etc.), and a completely un-aged tin. But I have been having the best smokes from this pipe and the tobacco. I love the play between the latakia, virginias, and perique. Mmmmm, mmm good.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Nightcap is good to go right out of the tin with no aging required. I can't say that I've ever cellared any for any great length of time. Glad your enjoying it.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I've had a tin I opened last summer sitting in my cabinet sealed back up. Haven't touched it since I'd say August maybe. I might have to see where it is at about 9 months later.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
If I had a son/daughter who used one of my tobacco pipes to smoke weed out of, they would get a good cuff upside the head. Maybe not the daughter I guess.....
Considering you can make a pipe in seconds out of a beer can, rolled up aluminum foil, carrots, apples, pretty much anything you can put your mind too, there's no excuse to be stealing one of dad's pipes to smoke pot out of.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@Andrew, that's no lie. I might make that part of my talk about pot with my kids. "Under no circumstances are you to ever smoke some ganj out of my pipes. Tobacco only, there are other ways to smoke weed and it sure as hell isn't out my briar pipes."
lol, @Frankenstein. That'd be an interesting blend. No doubt.

May 16, 2014
lancaster
Nightcap is where its at for me. At least at the moment. I have about 4 oz which should last me a while. I only smoke a few bowls a week. But yeah somebody would have to die if they smoked weed out my pipes. Not even my cobs. Its sacrilege.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lots of fond memories with Nightcap. I was introduced when my wife was in a tough medical situation,

rehabbing for a revised hip replacement. I'd go home and smoke NC on the porch with the night sounds,

to boost my spirits, so I could boost her spirits. Wheelchair bound, she gave me a birthday party at the

facility and had a custom made pipe rack made to my order for me. What guts. Nightcap brings back the

best of all those tough circumstances. The tin of Nightcap was supplied by my sister for my birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.