Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a new pipehead I usually smoke 3-4 bowls at night in my cob after I come back from work to relax, sometimes I work a few more hours and the steady smoke from my corncob keeps my mind focused on the work. What tobacco would you suggest for someone new like me to try it out at night for relaxing and doing 4-5 hrs of focused work.
Cheers,

Chris

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Being an older pipe smoker, with lots of years of pipe smoking behind me, I would say that the answer is simple: the one you like. There are literally thousands of blends of pipe tobacco out there. Since you're new to the hobby, experiment, try different types and blends within these types, until you settle on the ones that appeal to you. I do not smoke the same blend each and every night; rather after dinner I select a pipe from my collection as well as a tobacco, light up and relax.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
For that much continuous puffing I would require something mild in both body and flavor.

The key is to find such a blend that, as ravkesef said, is one you like -- and that's personal.

A good starting place is Capstan Gold, cut across the grain in a cube or pebble-like cut for slow burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.