PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
Last night after enjoying my sample of Balkan Som, I switched to Balkan Blue Sky. I smoked a few bowls of this and started to get sick from the nicotine ie Hot sweats, sick to my stomach. My question is: Do you guys smoke different brands in a day or to you stick with one brand a day-to avoid to much nicotine. Or maybe you guys who have smoked for years are use to high nicotine.
For me, I'm just going to stick to one tobacco type a day.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Just make sure you eat and/or have chocolate or something on hand to munch. I prefer slight nicotine overdoses. Keeps the tapeworms away. 8)

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Ummm...this might sound glib or condescending, but I assure you its not.
Why not just simply smoke less in one evening?
You smoked one bowl, followed by a few more...is "a few" 3? 4?
I think I'd be sick too if I smoked 4-5 bowls of tobacco in a single evening. For me thats about 4 hours of smoking non stop.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I smoke a bit of everything throughout the day depending on my mood. Nicotine leaches sugars from the body, so definitely have a snack around when smoking.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Start your day with a 3-finger pinch of Copenhagen, preferably before breakfast. After several weeks, you will have no nicotine sensitivity whatsoever, and can smoke as much pipe tobacco as you like.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Start your day with a 3-finger pinch of Copenhagen, preferably before breakfast. After several weeks, you will have no nicotine sensitivity whatsoever, and can smoke as much pipe tobacco as you like.
:clap:

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
What's Copenhagen going to do to a former 2 pack a day Marlboro Reds smoker. I was surprised by my tolerance for pipe tobacco. Since I smoked cigs for 20 years. And I do tend to smoke 3-4 bowls at night. Between 8-12. What can I say-I like to smoke :puffy: And I am just glad I can't smoke at work or I would definitely be screwed LOl
Now BassBug has me wondering: How many bowls do you smoke a day or night?

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
"What's Copenhagen going to do to a former 2 pack a day Marlboro Reds smoker."
Turn you into a Copenhagen lover, probably.

Jan 8, 2013
I don't think it was the switcheroo that got you, but the back to back bowls. Nicotine is a harsh mistress. Sometimes she can make love to you all night long, and then on another night, she might stop in the middle of it all just to smack the living shit out of you. Honestly, I think she's bipolar.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
I've always been a nicotine heavy weight. The only time nicotine affects me is if I'm drinking a lot of booze while dipping and smoking very frequently, and then not even all the time. Basically it'll affect me if I'm starting to get 'the spins' from drinking.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
It could have been any number of things. I doubt the blend change made any contribution though. I smoke three or four bowls after dinner, the last just before bed. I usually accompany my evening bowls with a couple ports.
Now, I've been smoking for quite a few years and I'm pretty much nicotine proof. If in fact it was the nicotine use a lighter blend for a while. Keep in mind, this happened once, it could have been your food or a physical malady which manifested itself, purely coincidental to the pipe. It could have simply been too much smoking. Could have been a sour stomach. Could have been a combination. You could have been ingesting a bit of smoke. There are a myriad of possibilities.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
When nicotine is going to strike, you have about a five second warning. Stop smoking immediately or your head is going into the toilet! Used to be 70-80% of my smokes were stiff customers. Now perhaps 50% are. Getting old.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
I'm must be doing something wrong, I thought this was one of the positives of pipe smoking.
I wake up every morning eager for my overdose.

Status
Not open for further replies.