PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Does anyone encountered some symptoms of insomnia if he had smoke bowlful prior going to bed, I'm wondering if the pipetobacco

higher nicotine dosage may affect on how you get a sleep,lately I have had some aforementioned problems if I happen to smoke too late in the evening(10-11 pm)although then I only tend to smoke my pipes with smallish possible chambers, moreover along with this late evening smokes I have developed another bad habit,and is that I can't do without drinking(no not alcohol) but sugared Tea with a splash of milk,some folks say tea has caffeine contents near as high as coffee does, perhaps Rooibos herbal teas would better evening beverage choice,nonetheless me,as a long time smoker,its pretty hard me to imagine how I'd go to bed without having no evening smoke,Best Greets,Paul

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nightcap with relatively high nicotine is a folklore sleep aide, supposedly making you groggy. Higher nic blends don't put me to sleep, but they may make me a little sleepy. Alcohol, on the other hand, can make me sleepy but then wake me up about 3 a.m., which is not a usual pattern for me. Some herbal teas are good sleep inducers.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
High nicotine doses before bed makes me have crazy dreams.
jay-roger.jpg

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I seem to have this problem. Last night, for example, I smoked a long bowl of Stonehenge starting at around 10:45. I put it out at 11:45 and went to bed because I thought I should . . . and then I proceeded to lay there tossing and turning well into the 1:00 hour. This happens to me with more regularity than I care to admit. I should probably experiment with trying to finish my smoking earlier.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Alcohol, on the other hand, can make me sleepy but then wake me up about 3 a.m., which is not a usual pattern for me.
Added stress on the liver. Like your dishwasher, which beeps when it is done with a load, your liver wakes you with a sugar jolt when it is done munching up all that alcohol and its byproducts.
Personally, I find heavy Nicotine helps me sleep. Sometimes I just fall right over.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
If I smoke a blend with a nicotine strength above medium, after 5pm, I have a difficult time falling to sleep. I like my high nic blends for my first smoke of the day with my morning coffee.

My experience is that inhaling cigarettes makes me nervous and stimulated. But, a fat bowl of something powerful in my pipe makes me sleep like a baby. And, I used to have to take sleep aids before I started smoking pipes. Someone had posted that it's about the sugars, or releasing sugars into the blood, whatever the scientific mumbo jumbo... my pipe helps me sleep, but (as with everything) YMMV.

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Bold Kentucky before 9pm means sweet dreams when I hit the sack around 10:30pm

quint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2017
Only one bowl before 10:30 pm for me. Anything more than one bowl at night and it disrupts my sleep. But then again, I smoke between 4-6 bowls day, so I get most of my nicotine before evening.

64alex

May 10, 2016
I suspect the problem could be the tea, it has significant amount of caffeine and I cannot sleep if I take any after 7 pm.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thank you,good folks at pipesmagazine for your input in this,I will keeps studying and look deeper into this matter,all in all

In all probability,I shouldn't be smoking anything but rather light blends after10,30pm,yet I'm to do further experiment and reserch on how tea would affects on human body, Best Greets to all, Paul

Ps,to litup, you descriptions just corresponds to what had happened here.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thanks Deniz,Red Rooibos is pretty nice stuff, it has some nutty nyances when leaf is properly infused, as for black teas,opposite to Ceylon and Indian-English teas,if I recall right,there is also some lighter types such as Georgian an Turkish Teas among the most well known brand of Rize named after growing region

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I think we're going to find in the future just how different individual chemistries can be. We know there are hundreds of genes for intelligence, and there are probably as many factors by which the brain maintains itself, which makes it likely that people are probably differently responsive to psychoactive chemicals. (This is known from observation anyway).

bluesmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2013
I've actually dozed off in the middle of a smoke late at night. Woke up as I was falling over and fortunately hung onto the pipe--no damage to either of us. Man, that was a great smoke!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
What really helps my sleep is... well, honestly... a heap of my dead enemies.
When I have gotten some good exercise battling them, and really felt my muscles flex as I slice off their heads, then tired myself by heaping their reeking carcasses near a source of flame, then I can really sleep really well.
I thank the vanquished for providing me with exhaustion, satisfaction and quality rest.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Some claim a cup of strong coffee helps them sleep! How mileage varies. As a sleep aid, I've found nothing better or more effective than sex.

phreon

Lurker
Jul 11, 2017
I can't touch caffeine after 5 pm or my sleep will be wrecked. But a nice mild to medium smoke for this relatively new smoker around 9 is relaxing enough that I sleep like a baby.

sleep is weird anyway. It's one of those things that just happens, like what triggers orgasm, what causes a new idea, why do I wake up every couple of hours and have to run water in the sink to piss? Life is weird.

I like really strong blends, and knowing someone else can stay awake after drinking coffee, knowing DM is a homicidal maniac, and that someone else wakes up on fire sometimes. I feel all bonded with you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.