PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I have been smoking a pipe (after a long hiatus) for a year now, smoking cigars 6 months, and just started using nasal snuff. What does a nicotine hit feel like? With my first smoke last year, I felt dizzy and nauseous which I suppose was from nicotine, but that happened once maybe twice. Beside that, nicotine seems to do nothing for me. I drink coffee also and caffeine does nothing to me either. Any thoughts?

typical98

Might Stick Around
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto
when i first started to smoke and even sometimes if i go a day or even just 12 hours without a cig i get almost like a body high. I did get a little dizzy as well but never nauseous. It just may not do to much for you. If you do not smoke anything do you get the need to smoke? as in if you don't smoke a day do you feel the need to?
Im the same as you with coffee. I can have a extra large strong coffee then go to sleep afterword. I just love the taste.

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I've never felt that I had to smoke. I do it because I enjoy collecting pipes and the aesthetic; the processes. I easily go days without smoking. Ha, I'm experimenting with the nasal snuff - in order to try to get some sensation, but other than a pleasant menthol scent - nothing.

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
When I first turned 18 I picked up some cigars not knowing anything about them and managed to get some high nicotine ones. I also like to occasionally smoke Pete's Irish Flake. When I smoke too fast or smoke something too high in nicotine, the world starts to spin, I get a headache, and I get really nauseous.
Nicotine, just like anything else will effect different people in different ways.
Puff on. :puffpipe:

typical98

Might Stick Around
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto
I would say your one of the lucky people who don't get the need to smoke. Your able to smoke simply because you want to not because you need to.
I have a very addictive personality so i need to have a smoke of some sort within an hour or 2 or else i go nuts. Main reason why i picked up pipe smoking because i heard it is better and after doing some reason and trying it, i get the need out of the way and also enjoy it more.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
If you want to experience nicotine buzz get some Newminster English Oriental and inhale it a couple times. If that don't do anything to you you're dead 8O lol I'm the same with coffee, but i love it. The darker the better. I foof it up with sugar and milk, I get energised, but i can sleep with no problem...

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Well, I use tobacco because I enjoy using it; the process of pipe smoking, smoking cigars, etc....definitely not the nicotine. I'm just curious of the physiological effect of nicotine; I wanted to have the sensation so that I might understand the addiction to it better. Sounds weird I know, but I want to know why it is so addictive. I know some people are more prone to nicotine addiction than others; maybe I'm not that sensitive to it. (My wife's always telling me that I'm insensitive :wink: .)

typical98

Might Stick Around
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto
The buzz you get from nicotine doesn't stay with you forever unless your able to get it and you smoke like once a week. My buzz when i had one smoke a day was there but then when i was having about 4-5 a day the buzz was gone within a couple days. I rarely get the buzz now and i smoke because i need to. I get the shakes, get pissy and it really is the only thing i can think off when i don't smoke.
It bugs me that i need it but at the same time i never don't enjoy it.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
i dont dip very much anymore but when i take a pinch, thats what i call a nic hit!!

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
i dont dip very much anymore but when i take a pinch, thats what i call a nic hit!! i also smoke because i want to, not because i have too.i haven't smoked in a week now

Status
Not open for further replies.