PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skunk

Lurker
Oct 21, 2012
I've read a few reviews on some of the "stronger" tobaccos, and people talk about nicotine hiccups. Are they actually hiccups? Like drinking lots of Beers?
Thanks

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I rarely get "niccups", but it's usually from smoking a strong tobacco on an empty stomach.

You'll know if you get them.

They are usually short lived and can be relieved by drinking something.

Nothing serious, they just tend to be noisy. :D

:puffy:

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
L is right, and they are a bummer, but don't last(for me) more than 5-10 min. I usually get them with a strong evening smoke.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
I got it once with a double ligero I'd had before breakfast. It also make me want to right back to sleep.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
That's very funny -- I just read this yesterday, had never experienced it, and wouldn't you know it, today while driving home I lit up a bowl of Peterson's Irish Oak (known for high nicotine) and within ten minutes started hiccuping like crazy! Must have been the concentrated smoke trapped in the car. (Or is it the power of suggestion........?) :puffy:

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Rarely do I get them, but if I'm using multiple forms of tobacco close together I may get it. For example, I may have dip in and be using snuff and right afterwards I will smoke a pipe.

They do occur but usually I need to be smoking something strong on an empty stomach, as Lawrence said, for it to occur.
-Frank

ffmurray

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2013
@frank

dip snuff and a pipe? I though I was a nicotine loving guy as a reformed lucky strike smoker, but damn thats a lot of vitamin N

pipinho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2013
no but GH dark flake unscented in a large nording bowl did make me puke, then i passed out in my bed... Yes i admit it... i yaked on baccy

Status
Not open for further replies.