PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Amen...and I hope he stopped it before much harm befell the child. But the father is lucky he lives in TX...one of probably only a few states where he would not be indicted these days.

knightmare

Lurker
Apr 10, 2012
And he shouldn't be charged. He defended his daughter and used reasonable force, as per the situation.
However whoever wrote the news article's title.....

"Father who killed daughter's Alleged[..]" Alleged? By the article's own admission it was proven.
"[..]The girl was examined at a hospital, and Lavaca County District Attorney Heather McMinn said forensic evidence and witness accounts corroborated the father's story that his daughter was being sexually molested."
I guess it's a nitpick but if I was the father, seeing Alleged in the title would royally piss me off.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Alleged? By the article's own admission it was proven.
They are probably saying "alleged" because they always to that if there has not been a conviction. But it sure seems an odd choi8ce of words.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Well he could have gone about it in a little different manner to stop the guy. If his objective was to stop the guy, why didn't he blow both kneecaps off the guy, causing him a lifetime of pain and agony, millions in bills, etc. , without outright killing him.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
the father is lucky he lives in TX
totally true ... in California, you can get sued for having a slippery floor when a burglar comes in.
I'd say it's street justice that worked out in a positive manner ... and all evidence (that is mentioned in the article) appears he wasn't actually trying to kill him anyhow, just beat him senseless.

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
Family or not I would have done the same thing. Texas definitely does one thing right: their judicial system; they don't put up with SH!T.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
zanthal +1. Good to see real justice administered. But the guy is probably looking forward to a wrongful death lawsuit. "Wrongful" in that there was no due process. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.