PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
So we had our neighbors over to sit on the porch for a little drink, a smoke and a fire in the fire pit. This is the best! I love doing this as it's so relaxing. One of those moments you long for, and are so glad when it happens. Did I mention we were drinking? Ok, I'm fine now....

img_00184-600x494.jpg

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
Very nice Orley, what blend were you smoking out there? Looks like a fine place for a relaxing smoke and drink with good friends :clap:

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I'm sitting here listening to the generator humming along, wood stove roaring away. The whole valley's in darkness except our little place with all the Christmas lights on. Power went out about four hours ago, rain , snow , freezing rain, we're getting it all., :puffy:

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
Looks very relaxing!
Sorry to hear about your area davet, I suppose you are not outside tonight...

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
Yeah, I was smoking some Black Frigate in an old Stanwell. For drinks, sorry to say, I was imbibing in some cinnamon whisky over ice. Just seemed like a good thing to smoke and drink at the time. Weather has been nice but cool in the evenings, so the fire was nice.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Extremely jealous! Would love to sit out on our porch for a smoke, but the weather has dipped into the low 30s. What I need to invest in is a nice fire pit like you have!
wood stove roaring away
I've never had a wood burning stove until just 2 months ago, but there's definitely something special that I I absolutely love about getting it fired up vs using our heater.

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
Awesome! I love your porch. What was the temp? Where are you located? I smoked a bowl of BF last night too.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
stanlaurel: we're in central Mississippi in the woods, and the temp at the time was somewhere in the mid to high 50s. So far it's been a rather mild winter. Usually gets bad in February, so enjoying it while I can.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
Mannn!!! That looks like a nice porch, I bet you had a great time, I love smoking in my porch especially with a good stiff drink and I nice smoke, I can't wait till we have a cold night to pull out the fire pit , it is still fairly warm in Houston.

howink

Lurker
Mar 24, 2015
We Southerners are fortunate to have an extra couple of months of porch time each year. My favorite smokes are on my porch here in Mineral Bluff, GA, in the afternoons. About an hour before sunset the wild turkeys march down the ridge to the game feeder in the field below our cabin. They're sufficiently used to seeing me that even the sound of a Zippo doesn't spook them - nor does the scent of whatever I'm smoking - likely these days to be Aperitif or Haddos.
HoWink

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
http://i.imgur.com/o5meIzb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hbPPK4f.jpg
Oh yes, Orley. Best place in the universe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.