PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefflee01

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2015
Leesburg, GA
Got 5 estates for free. A baccara 2 ea carey a lorenzo and a kaywood. I used to smoke a dr grabow yrs ago. The lorenzo is an oom paul the baccara is a 693 full bend and the others are straight. I've been working on cleaning them up for use and hopefully around the first of April going to the local tobacco shop for some good pipe tobacco. I'll try to get some pics of them posted later on today.

jefflee01

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2015
Leesburg, GA
They are very nice and I've got most all of them totally cleaned. Would 50% isopropyl alcohol work as far a cleaning or should I use 99%? I know there is ghost smell in several of them that is sweet smelling but I want to start out fresh with them.

jefflee01

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2015
Leesburg, GA
Okay thanks for the advice on that. I know the finish on the kaywoodie is starting to bubble up on it so I may refinish it. I'll get them started with the alcohol today so I'll have it ready on the first batch.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
They're looking pretty good for starters, so I think they will look mighty fine after you work on them. Looks like a good group.

jefflee01

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2015
Leesburg, GA
I think the Oom Paul was barely used and I'm going to just do the alcohol cotton boll soak with it. In fact I've got it soaking right now. I can't wait until the first to get my tins and try them out. I've decided each pipe is going to have it's own blend used in it and if I do have to change types in a pipe I'll give it a good cleaning.

jefflee01

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2015
Leesburg, GA
Well just found out there are a little spider-webbing in the bowl. I'll have to be easy on it and it'll be my rare user. So far 4 out of 5 are good which is a good thing. The kaywoodie is a 205R so I'll look it up and see what I find on it.

jefflee01

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2015
Leesburg, GA
I haven't decided yet. I want to get some mellow but aromatic tobaccos. Something sweet that I can relax with. Also because I'm going to be on the air (I'm a licensed general amateur radio operator) I will have my "cellar" in my ham shack.

kendodan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2013
You could fix the spider webbing with a little pipe mud. Since you got them for free I would just smoke it as much as you want and not worry too much. Pipes are meant to be enjoyed!

Status
Not open for further replies.