PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Wow. This year has been an eventful playoffs. The Ottawa-Montreal series is a feisty one and so is the St. Louis-L.A. series. Those teams just can't stand one another which makes for some great hockey. The playoffs are always better when a little hatred comes into play. The Boston-Toronto series looks like it might go further than expected. Who knew the Leafs could play against Boston? As dominant as the Pens were in the regular season they haven't looked too good against the Isles. If it wasn't for that weak call in OT yesterday the Isles could be up 2-1. Great to see rookie Jason Zucker cap off his first home playoff game with an OT winner. That Chicago-Minnesota series is shaping up to be a good one. Canucks are in a 3-0 hole now against San Jose which surprised me. I'm sure they'll be dealing Lou on trade day to beef up their skaters. I love playoff hockey. So much insanity in such a short time. I truly think if you want to get a friend into hockey you need to have them watch the playoffs first.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
The best thing about the playoffs... no shoot-outs. Yay for full period sudden death overtime.
-- Pat

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
I actually like the shootout in the regular season but agree it has no place in the playoff's. I've been watching Montreal/Ottawa series since it seems like the most hard fought of the first rounds.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Needless to say as a rabid Sens fan, I'm very pumped today. Big win, and the Habs (especially Subban) came completely unglued. Awesome.
As for the shootout, I turn off the TV whenever it happens. They might as well settle the game by rock/paper/scissors. It's nice to get the extra points when my team wins but I don't care for it at all.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
They might as well settle the game by rock/paper/scissors.
Totally agreed. To be honest, I'd rather see a game end in a draw with each team receiving the same points versus a shootout.
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Since it seems no one will grant my wish of the time clock falling on the Sens & Habs I'll have to settle for watching Ottawa pummel the Habs. I'm loving the coaches interviews after the games, best coach in the league right now? In my opinion Maclean hands down (and this coming from a loyal tortured Leaf's fan). Best round of the playoffs in any pro sport period, is the NHL Stanly Cup Playoffs. Nothing else comes remotely close.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I absolutely LOVE hockey and abhor the shoot out since Bryz can't stop a puck that way. It is very disheartening to not watch the Flyers in the playoffs this year. I am enjoying the Sens - Habs series though and loving watching the Pens unravel :)
Hands down the BEST playoffs in all of sports

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
All I can say is, "Lets go Blues!" I think we're due for a cup win. Of our great and storied 41 years as a franchise we have been to the playoffs 34 times and the finals 3 times. Heck I think we probably would have pulled it off earlier if not for that horrible strike last decade. We've just finally recovered and repeated post season appearences this year. No way we go down to the Kings twice... I hope. Personally I think that a St. Louis Chicago series would just be super awesome. If I'm not mistaken they have a close to even record this season vs. eachother. Pretty impressive considering Chicago's overall record.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
I've been a die hard Bruins fan my whole life, while my brother has been a die hard Habs fan, we've had lots of rivalry among our teams, haha. The Bruins/Leafs series is a good one, as well as the Habs and Sens, its already an interesting playoffs.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
I'd love to see the Islanders and Blues go far this playoffs, two deserving teams.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
So glad to see so many like minded indivduals... 4 minutes til game time and the tank is on the 4th line have to catch you guys later. Hopefully it'll be 3-1 Blues lead series before midnight.

blade

Lurker
Jan 25, 2010
I'm a big NY Rangers fan, must win tonight. Other series' have been fun to watch. I just wish that Gamecenter Live was avaiable for the playoffs. I love the playoffs, it's a different game than the regular season.
Let's Go Rangers!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm from Ohio so I root for the Blue Jackets but I'm also a big fan of the Bruins. I've been into that team since right around the time Lucic came on board. My kind of player. Big, mean, nasty, can hit, can score, can pass, can fight. Glad to see we picked up the win and in a convincing 5-2 fashion. I had a feeling Lucic, Krejci, and Horton would be finding their rhythm come playoff time. That line has been on fire this first round.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, as a Caps fan I was feeling pretty good about my team, until this evening.... A well-played game by the Rangers. We gave up too many penalties.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm a huge Ovechkin fan so I root for the Caps. Caps still lead the series though and didn't play bad other than the penalties. The series is still going alright for them.
The Avs could be someone to watch out for next season. They'll definitely take Seth Jones with the #1 overall pick and there's some interesting UFAs this summer. Could be a good offseason for Colorado.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I really think this Sens/Habs series is going to go down as one of the all-time memorable ones. Adding to the insanity, "Paul MacClone" will be at Game 4... http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/macleans-doppelganger-to-attend-game-4/

Status
Not open for further replies.