PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadmacallit

Lurker
Jan 30, 2013
I've been finishing up my open tins to the point im going to have to open something.

Looking at my stock, I have three I want to try but only want to open one for now to really give a good personal review, Old Dublin, Presbyterian, and Charing Cross.

Thoughts on each?

I hear Pres. has very little lat, but is still a great smoke?

OD I don't hear much good about, and I think thats why i got it, strange yes but im strange.

CC seems to be (from reviews) a decent medium balkan, thoughts?
Personally im a lat lover, and really enjoy bombs, but that is not always the case. i usually keep a bomb open (nightcap or squadron) and a nice lighter english (965, king charles) at the same time.

Between those and my Va, Va/Bu, and Va/per i have more than enough tins open at a time that I dont want to open all three lat blends at once.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Have you had any other Pease Balkans? I haven't had Charing Cross but he is acknowledged as a master of the latakia blend. I'd go with CC...
Presbyterian is okay but there is a lot better out there.
No experience with Old Dublin.

Jul 15, 2011
I have a tin of Charring Cross in the cellar and was thinking about one last Latakia blend to close out the winter, so Id be interested to hear what you think of Charring Cross. Count that as another vote for me.

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
I didnt like OD, I only tasted turkish on it. Havent tried the others or any Pease latakia blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.