Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

News Flash! Wife Approves Indoor Smoking!

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Sweet victory! I had raised the idea of smoking in our basement workbench/hobby/storage room before only to be withered by scorn and scripted objections. So, I have been smoking in our outdoor workshop huddled next to a small electric space heater, all bundled up against the sub-freezing cold. Yesterday, on my way out to trek through the snow to the ice box smoking lounge, I told her that if I had an air purifier I could smoke in the basement and not have to freeze my arse off just to enjoy my pipes. Guess what? She relented based upon my willingness to risk life and limb to partake in our centuries old tradition of relaxation! I just ordered a Honeywell job from Amazon and I'll have it in a week. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus after all.

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. judcole

Jud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Congrats!

Thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes,
    Peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close
    Rudyard Kipling
    Posted 5 years ago #
  3. jgriff

jgriff

Login to Send PM

Fantastic. When are we all invited over?

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

plateauguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Who says women are unreasonable? Congratulations!

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. crazypipe

Teddy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. patiobum

patiobum

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good for you !!

cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.......

martin
    Posted 5 years ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dj11

Login to Send PM

That is the exact opposite of my wife. She and the kids were out of town for a few days so I thought I could sneak in a few nights of watching tv and smoking. I was immediately busted upon her return. After a few days, the couch isn't that uncomfortable.

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

For unknown reasons, I have married two women (I was a widower) who both chain smoked.
    My living wife used to be a Camels and Galoise person, so she doesn't have a problem with
    my smoking indoors, though she no longer smokes. She bought me a 42-pipe rack for
    Christmas, so she's my PAD enabler. I'll have to start out putting pipes on every other slot,
    to use the now four racks.

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ours is an unwritten not discussed agreement. I smoke in the basement by the woodstove in a comfy old chair. I never venture upstairs with a lit pipe. I guess she figures the house smells like smoke from the woodstove so what the heck. Funny how my Dad never asked. We are meer shadows of the men our fathers were lol.

Posted 5 years ago #
  10. ravkesef

ravkesef

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a Multi-Tech XJ-3000 purchased from amazon for $104. It has a HEPA filter, a carbon filter, and UV and ozone. It lives in my man cave and there is no detectable smoke odor.

Eric
    Posted 5 years ago #
  11. aquilas

aquilas

Login to Send PM

Definitely a sweet victory!

Nothing feels better to us men than when we can make our women say "yes."

Posted 5 years ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Thanks, guys! This saves me from having to buy a bigger heater for the workshop. I think that she now understands how much I will endure to smoke my pipes and took pity on me! Just a matter of time before she came around to understand reaon.

Posted 5 years ago #
  13. goldsm

goldsm

Login to Send PM

Congrats on your victory!
    I do thanks to your wife because there are still a wide open mind women.
    Now I could have a dream which I can smoke at my balcony someday....

Posted 5 years ago #
  14. oldredbeard

oldredbeard

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Congrats Coal. I have to admit I've never had a problem with my and me smoking inside, but I can imagine how big a problem it could be. Glad she is coming around to reason for you.

I'm not complaining.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  15. rockymtnsmoker

rockymtnsmoker

Login to Send PM

As an uninsulated shed smoker, to say I'm jealous would be an understatement. But I am happy for you. I'm hoping the sight of me hobbling outside on crutches will cause the missus to relent, but it hasn't happened yet

Posted 5 years ago #
  16. yazamitaz

yazamitaz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I used to smoke cigars in my downstairs room. Once I remodeled my home I decided that I didn't want to smoke in the house. Now that I have switched to pipes I am reconsidering my position

Congrats to you sir

Posted 5 years ago #
  17. pipeherman

pipeherman

Login to Send PM

I'd imagine a bottle of your chosen beverage is being opened in celebration.

Posted 5 years ago #
  18. agnosticpipe

Orley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Both my wife and I smoke pipes, so I'm rather fortunate in that regard, but we seldom smoke in the house. Depending on the weather, we do sometimes enjoy a pipe in the house, but we've been hesitant to do it too much, as neither of us likes the smell of stale tobacco in the house. I enjoy a cigar from time to time, but will never smoke them in the house as they leave a much worse leftover smell. We've found that most pipe tobacco, especially aros, don't leave a much worse leftover smell than burning an incense stick.
    This is all subjective I suppose, but just the same coalsmoke, congrats on your victory. Enjoy!

The pipe smoker formerly know as agnostic pipe
    "Fried food, hard liquor, and tobacco, that's the holy trinity!"- Stacy Keach
    Posted 5 years ago #
  19. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Well, the air purifier should be here Wednesday and I'll be moving my pipes and jars into the new basement work bench/hobby/smoking lounge tonight. Monday night through Wednesday will be smokeless because of the zero degree temperatures and sub-zero windchill. Even with my little electric heater, a heating pad on top of my shoes, and bundled up in two coats and two blankets, it'll be too brutal to be out in the shed and my Kindle Fire screen may crack! Hey, I'll live...somehow. When I place my next TAD order with 4noggins on Friday, I'll also get one of the Clean Air soy candles, too. My wife suggested that I put the candle in the main finished room so the purifir doesn't negate its effect from being in the same room with air purifier. Now I know that she's onboard when she makes consructive suggestions!

Posted 5 years ago #
  20. natibo

natibo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I use candles as well. Let us know how the Honeywell works. I was considering getting one myself.

Bo
    Posted 5 years ago #
  21. msandoval858

msandoval858

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have always been fortunate that my wife generally likes the smell of my pipes and doesn't mind them in the house. I am mindful of the kids and only smoke in the house when they are not here or in bed late at night. Most of the time I opt for the garage though.

Mike
    Posted 5 years ago #
  22. metalheadycigarguy

metalheadycigarguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Congrats on the new smoking lounge! Any victory as a pipe and cigar smoker is a "Big" victory! Enjoy.

Posted 5 years ago #
  23. 05venturer

05venturer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Congrats my Friend!!!

Kent

Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   drrock, pepesdad1, p40warhawk, voorhees, cosmicfolklore, tonym99, armonts, lightxmyfire, greeneyes, charmcitygentleman, seldom, the85boro, orlandofurioso, bluegrassbrian, dukdalf, lawdawg, civilwar