PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Is there really a difference between the two? They changed the names slightly but the descriptions are basically the same. Has anyone smoked similar blends (PS English Oriental Supreme-NM English Oriental or other corresponding blends) to see if there is a difference?

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
PS EOS:This classic blend brings together the finest mellow Georgian Virginias, Black Cavendish, Mexican Burleys and Cyprus Latakia, while evoking an exotic flair uniquely its own. This distinctively non-aromatic blend produces an astonishing array of refined flavors ranging from mild to medium strength. This description is from the STG website
NM EO:A classic English mixture developed from flue-cured African Virginias, Black Cavendish, Mexican Burleys and Cyprus Latakia. Then, on top of these fantastic tobaccos, a mild, spicy Turkish Samsun grown on the Black Sea coast is added, just to give the final touch of excellence. This non-aromatic blend produces an astonishing array of refined flavors ranging from mild to medium strength. This description is from SP website.
PS English Luxury: A characteristic English mixture. A mixture developed from mellow Georgian Virginias, Black Cavendish, Mexican Burleys and Cyprus Latakia – a classic. From STG
NM English Luxus:A classic English mixture developed from Flue-cured African Virginias, Black Cavendish, Mexican Burleys and Cyprus Latakia. From SP
I see more similarities than differences. Roth, no disrespect intended, it just seems to me they are using the same recipes, with a minor tweak here or there. That is why I posted my question. I am curious how they compared to each other. To me they would taste very similar.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
And yes, those I tried are similar, but are slightly different, so for me, this translates to a similar blend from each of them having enough difference so someone would prefer one over the other.
Thanks Roth, thats what I was curious about. I really like PS, so I guess I'll have to give NM a try.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
I'm going to try the english blends (thats what I'm into right now). I have on hand to do a comparison PS EOS, PE, EL, and BS. I also have some LBF and a little bit of LNF. I told you I liked PS. I even have some PS Turkish I got to add to other blends.

leonardw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2011
The short answer is the blends are not the same. The Peter Stokkebye blend descriptions and numbering system were duplicated, which leads to some unfortunate confusion.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
Newminster is an excellent tobacco as is Stokkebye. I like them all. It depends what mood I'm in that day as to what I'll take with me. Those are my all day smokes.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
i smoked newmister navy flake and the coins.. both reminded me of macbarens tobac, which i do not care for. i much prefer ps lnf, lbf.
mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.