PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
I have converted the dining room into a pipe room. There will be shelves full of pipe racks and shelves full of tobacco cans. One wall of each. The color is a deep green. The room will have several each of my paintings and sculptures, a 50" TV, a super soft and luxurious leather chair and a desk with computer. It may not be finished for a while, but will post pictures when it is. There is a door and lock to separate it from the rest of the house. It has a ceiling fan with a beautiful stained glass light, and even has it's own toilet. Nobody is allowed in the pipe room except my wife and my friends.

I must say that country living, something I have not done for 50 years, is sure relaxing. You don't realize how the city stresses you until you leave it for a while. What a joy to have a quiet backyard.

I don't have internet up there yet so I will be out of touch for a few days.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Foggy you will love the stress free country, I don"t leave my farm, I"m lucky I have a wife that likes to shop, even buys my clothes, I stay on the farm, life is good, Foggy you deserve it.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Foggy, it sounds like you are adjusting rather easily to county living. Congrats on this new adventure.

Aug 14, 2012
Thanks Bradley, Roth and Trailspike. Boudreaux: Bearsville is the next town and I have yet to get over there. No more driver's license and no car, so who knows, I may never get there. Too bad, heard they have a great bar.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Foggy you will love the stress free country, I don"t leave my farm, I"m lucky I have a wife that likes to shop, even buys my clothes, I stay on the farm, life is good, Foggy you deserve it.
I'm about the same way Bradley! Don't go to town unless I just have to! Luckily my wife takes care of all my deliveries to the PO and buys various supplies that I don't buy on line.

Foggy,sounds like you will have a great pipe room !

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
That sounds wonderful Foggy. Congrats on the conversion of your pipe room. I can't wait to see pictures.
My wife and I are making the move back to the country by degrees. After 20 years in the city, we're now in suburbia, but with longing looks ever scanning the bush for the right place.
Thanks for sharing.
-- Pat

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Congrats Foggy on your country home. Enjoy that comfy leather chair. I left the Big Apple over forty years ago, and I don't miss it at all.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Glad you're enjoying the renovations - a pipe room - what a luxery!
I've never understood why anyone lives in the city, you're right, it's a stressful place. The only time I leave our place is to go to work. Be sure to take pictures and keep us updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.