PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I stumbled across this Neerup Classic Acorn during lunch. This will be my second Neerup. I hope it smokes as well as my first.
SP rated this a 4.9 - Smoked but no other issues, not even rim darkening.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
No, it is actually a little larger and especially heavier than I normally buy. It is almost a full ounce heavier than what I would normally look for. But I like the looks well enough to give it a try and if it too heavy to clinch, I'll use it as a " "reading" pipe - or for television or just socialing when I don't need both hands.
Nomenclature & Condition
STAMPING:

Neerup (in script)

Denmark

Classic

Condition:

4.9/5 Smoked, but rather clean.

Measurements & Other Details

Length: 5.35 in./135.89 mm. Weight: 2.40 oz./68.04 g.

Bowl Height: 2.04 in./51.82 mm. Chamber Depth: 1.57 in./39.88 mm.

Chamber Diameter: 0.82 in./20.83 mm. Outside Diameter: 1.85 in./46.99 mm.

Stem Material: Acrylic Filter: None

Shape: Acorn/Pear Finish: Sandblast

Material: Briar Country: Denmark

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
I got a Neerup classic a couple of months ago. It is probably my best smoker. That one looks great, hope you enjoy it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't own any Neerups, but a number of Danish pipes. I've always admired the distinctive and recognizable design on Neerups; they always look a little bowl-heavy to me, but the metal work is pretty snappy. This one is quite handsome. Hope you have many a good smoke with it.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I do think the Neerups are heavier than other lines. I would normally pass pips over two ounces - actually I pass on most over one ounce - but since I found this in estate, I decided to give it a try.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Brass:
If that burner ends up too heavy for your cake-hole, it'll find a new home in a heart beat.
It's gorgeous and I truly hope it smokes well for you.
Fnord

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Brass
IIRC that pipe had been smoked no more than a few times, still retaining some of the precarb and the obligatory factory stain in the mortise. And also, IIRC, did not have a Captain Cough Syrup ghost either....

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I have two Neerups with large bowls for smoking the more complex blends and both of them are great burners. Would never hesitate to buy another when finances permit.
tNHxDHM.jpg

KUR5SxK.jpg

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I'm happy with my other pipes but I must say the Neerups, to my taste, offer artisan level style and engineering at a very competitive price point. I compared them to Tod Johnson's Icarus and Neptune lines. I haven't purchased any of the latter but I suspect that I will cave in when I stumble across one that seduces me irresistibly.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Shameless enablers that you guys are, this thread prompted me to add a Neerup to my rotation -- in a shape that also fills a void:

Neerup%20left_zpsyxlrqrmf.jpg

Neerup%20back_zpsbwgckdru.jpg

Length: 14,1 cm. / 5.6"

Weight: 59 grams

Bowl height: 5,8 cm. / 2.3"

Chamber, inside, diameter: 21 mm. / .83" (13/16 = .8125)

Chamber, outside, diameter: 4,8 cm. / 1.9"

Chamber depth: 43 mm. / 1.69"

Filter: No.

Model: Classic Group 3

Produced in: Denmark, Lejre
From one of our sponsors, The Danish Pipe Shop: 5 days from order to receipt.

Like Tom said above, it looks a little bowl-heavy, but it is actually quite nicely

balanced (must have something to do with the S-curve of the shank and stem.)

Status
Not open for further replies.