PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Here are my 4th of July weekend finds.
Jansen's N.O.(New Orleans)panel pipe shop pipe. According to some digging, they were made by Comoy's for the shop. Pipe has great grain and no visible fills
As bought.

Cleaned up but not buffed or waxed.

This is a Georgetown "Collector" made probably by GBD for the Georgetown Tobacco shop in D.C

This is also a Georgetown, a "Berkebile" (incidentally the shop owners last name) This is a nice size pipe with a great stem

And last but not least an unsmoked Kaywoodie SuperGrain (not so super grain) 07 (55-72)

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Thanks guys.
Orley, once I was researching, I came across your old post mentioning you had one. I found the history quite interesting.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Very nice, I bet if you contacted Georgetown Tobacco there may be records to give you some pertinent information on those two, having been there it's a great B&M, regards.

banjo

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The Jansens is definitely a Comoy's shape. Here's a 1992 Christmas pipe I restored for my son-in-law.
comoys_christmas_92_finish-2.jpg

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
What exceedingly lovely and magnificent treasures!! Congrats! :clap: I lol'ed at the mention of the "Berkebile"! One of my favorite teachers in junior high (late 1960s early 70s) was a biology teacher named Mr. Berkebile!! He was oddly but happily eccentric and allowed our minds to go as far as they could within the limits of reason... a great teacher! Now I should find a Berkebile pipe and have him sign it!! Although I think he'd have to FAX it down from The World To Come! Anyways. GREAT PIPES!!

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Beautiful pipe Al. I have a fondness for shop pipes "Made By". They have interesting history and are well built pipes. I do wonder would they be considered "seconds" since they don't bear the Comoy name? It appears to have no fills and fine grain.

Status
Not open for further replies.