Status
Not open for further replies.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
image.jpg

image-1.jpg

This is the latest tamper that my son made. I think he's carved nearly 1/2 dozen now but this is the first with an end cap, a .22-250 case to be exact. It's made of some "Tennessee Mystry Wood" picked up while on vacation there in September.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Put a few more scores on it and it would almost look like a beaver tail.
Tell your son nice work.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Awesome Greg! It must be amazing to have a cool son, I was blessed with four girls lol. :roll:

Bulldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 29, 2012
Mid-Atlantic, USA
As eaglerico said, if it were darker it would look like a beaver tail. The .22-250 casing along with the 'beaver tail' look give a sap or blackjack appearance that is very attractive. Nice work.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I thought there was another thread on show of your tampers but I can't find it. So, I'll just add to my own here!
I was rummaging through my tobacco drawer this afternoon looking for, well, I don't remember, but I found several of my tampers that I've added to my collection that I have not shared. I have a few more but they are in the shop.

On the bottom there's a Yello-Bold and a Half & Half. Most of the top row are handmade that I've received through trades, as gifts, etc. I Iove the handmade ones, something special about them, but the old ones are dear to me as well. If I could only find my very first one now …

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Just another form of TAD haha great tampers Greg! The new one your son made is really cool!

cjhuey

Lurker
Mar 19, 2013
Your son has a great talent there. This one and the one you put on instagram are both awesome. I hope he sticks with it. Nice collection of tampers. A few of those look familiar. hehe
Cody

codyhuey.com

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
That's great Greg... I gonna have to try making one. I have some deer antler left over from making some

buttons I made for June.... She's making me a vest.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I have some deer antler left over from making some

buttons
TopD antler would be great for tamper material. Polished up nice with a brass tip would be a winner.
Another nice tamp Greg! Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.