Newest additions to the pipe family .... Petersons ( with pics )

SmokingPipes.com Updates

6 Fresh Castello Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
These arrived Saturday, I decided to "invest" some of the bonus money. Momma says no more pipes until at least the fall or Permanent Fund Dividend check.
1) Peterson Aran 999, bent Rhodesian P-lip from Pipes and Cigars, with 3 tins of Balkan Sasieni
002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

2) Peterson Donegal Rocky 150, straight Bulldog P-lip from Dave Neeb , estate, silver band, hallmark date of 2004
005-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

This brings the Peterson family to a happy number of 4. As company they have a Comoy's Everyman Bulldog, a Royal Lane Dublin, a basket Italian bent pipe, a MM cob, a Turkish Lionhead Meer , a beater no-name stinger billiard and a wooden pipe of unsure origin that smokes really really good, as seen below.
007-1.jpg

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
@herbinedave ..... they have changed the stamping on the wood, wish I had a better camera and technique, but they have "Peterson's" in fairly large thick script and "ARAN" in huge bold caps on the left. Model number on the right side in roughly the same font and size. "Peterson of Dublin" around the P on the band. The other Aran I got a few months back had a stained bowl, this one the bowl is blackened. Bare wood in the tenon on the new one, stained on the older one. I have not smoked it yet but seems to have a nice draw and all the holes seem straight.

The wood grain on this one is more of a stripe, the older one has bird's eye. I cannot see any obvious fills but time will tell.

Would I pay $70 for it from P&C? Yes. Would I pay $115 at my local B&M? Heck no.

Status
Not open for further replies.