Newest Additions to My Rotation (Pictures)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Well I finally broke into the Trypis collection I recently acquired and claimed two for myself.
Tonight was our second ever meeting of our newly minted pipe night and I figured I'd start breaking these two in.
Pipe #1 - Break in tobacco = L.J. Peretti Cambridge Flake

Pipe #2 - Break in tobacco - L.J. Peretti Oriental #40

Wonderful Trypis pipes. Excellent smokers, and the fresh briar only added to the smoke.
Happy Puffer!
-- Pat

alphaflux

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
United States
Beautiful pipes! I love the grain on your pipe #1.
One of these days I'll have to try a churchwarden style...
Happy puffing!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Thanks for the comments folks.
It was hard to choose which pipes I was going to hold onto, and which pipes I was going to part with. Having 31 NOS pipes to choose from brought out my inner hoarder. :twisted:
I fell in love with the grain in the pipe in the first pictures above, even though there is a goodly chip in the rim of the bowl. Likewise, I have always wanted a churchwarden and really liked the shape of this rusticated egg (acorn?) bowl. The stem, however, on the warden looks like it was heated too quickly and has blisters along the top of the stem.
I decided to look at these two blemishes as birthmarks and character pices, and LOVE my new pipes. They both smoke beautifully.
Alpha, I have to say, just go get one. I truly enjoyed how the warden cooled the smoke, and it was a deliciously comfortable way to hold sit and hold a pipe. That churchwarden up top here is the PERFECT have a pipe and read a book pipe.
Cheers,
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
If you think the churchwarden looks good in the photos, you should have seen it in person! Its a gorgeous pipe. Glad it smoked well for you Pat.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I just bought a Mr. Brog 14 as my first churchwarden. It has a small bowl but if your looking for a low cost try-out churchwarden I would definitely recommend it.

alphaflux

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
United States
Alpha, I have to say, just go get one. I truly enjoyed how the warden cooled the smoke, and it was a deliciously comfortable way to hold sit and hold a pipe. That churchwarden up top here is the PERFECT have a pipe and read a book pipe
Alright, you guys have me convinced. A warden it will be... For my next PAD. :D

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Thanks for the vote of confidence Roth.
I really am enjoying these pipes. They're the first new pipes I've broken in, every other pipe I own (have owned) has been an estate purchase or a hand me down. I am really enjoying the aromatics that the briar is imparting on the smoke. Even in combination with a pungent tobacco like Peretti's Oriental #40 the dry cedar of briar is present and lifts the smoke. Wonderful.
I think I am going to send the warden to Mike Meyers to have him craft a stem worthy of the bowl; and I'm already treating the chip on the bowl of the smooth egg up-top in these posts like Marilyn's beauty mark. I love these pipes.
I've also already purchased my second churchwarden... I have an estate Blatter Bros. winging its way here from Australia. More on that when it arrives.
-- Pat

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Ya know, I was looking at that first pipe in the list and passed it up. I really like the look of these pipes and I think I might add a few more to my collection in time.
I think you can call Philip and get a custom pipe but I'm not 100% on this. There is a website that sells his pipes for him. It's that pipe smith on Brigham's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.