PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
I really can't find any solid info on this. I know how to clean the outer parts of the tendon. Does the tendon screw into the stem and can be removed safely to clean or is it a solid part of the stem? If it can and should be removed for cleaning what is the best way to do so? TIA

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Any work on your tendons should really be done by a qualified surgeon. I don't really know how all that stuff fits together, but the sight of my own blood freaks me out a bit.
BTW, I like your avatar. You look good with a pipe in your mouth!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
LOL Woodsroad,
Sad to say ... but ... I think you and I may be warped in similar ways! :crazy:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Masspiper, I think they have to find you.

The again, how about starting a Women's Pipe Club?
A-woman-smoking-crack-from-a-glass-pipe..jpg

Well....maybe not.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Mas...it's called a tenon....and on meerschaum pipes the stem does screw in and out ....on briar pipes it will be tight but should pull apart with a little twist and pull effort....not a jerk and tug...you don't want to damage the shaft...to clean around the tenon, you can take some grain alcohol on a cotton ball and wipe around it...make sure you don't remove the stem while the pipe is hot or still warm

wannashmooze

Lurker
Jan 21, 2014
<p>As an orthopedic surgery resident, I am happy to dispense advice on tendon procedures. I usually use a scalpel and scissors to clean up tendons, followed by a wash with sterile saline solution. PM me if you need me

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
Yes my bad Meerschaum tenons not tendons lol. My tendons were all shot years ago. :(

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
As an orthopedic surgery resident...
Looks like we got us a convoy....
It's always refreshing to see an overworked, underpaid professional with a dubious career outlook who retains an unbridled sense of humor.
61-134.jpg

I don't know...seems appropriate somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.