PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
I have just started smoking a pipe on a regular basis (trying to kick the cig habit). I am really enjoying it and look forward to coming home from work and packing my pipe and unwinding from a hectic day. I was wondering though i have just purchased a Buescher's hickory pipe. I got it mostly as a knock around/work pipe. Does it need to be broken in like a briar pipe? Also i don't like the stem and was wondering if I can get a replacement one for it and if so where? Thanks in advance for any help/advice

Robert

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
HI, smoke it a few times, i'll be broken in. What don't You like about the stem? Maybe I can help. :crying:

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Just smoke it nice and slow and keep the heat down in the bowl until it builds up a nice cake . Always run a pipe cleaner through the stem and use a paper towel like a corkscrew in the bowl after every smoke . You should be able to hold the bowl with out discomfort from heat the whole time it is lit , if not just slow down . Pimco has many stems to choose from . But PAD will kick in soon enough and you get another pipe , so I would not worry too much about it . :puffpipe:

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
As I recall the stems on those are nastyassed cheap plastic. PIMO has a decent selection available. Failing that PM me and I will see what I have on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.