PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallguy

Lurker
Sep 2, 2014
Hello all!
I am a brand new pipe smoker (just started in mid-july). I am 46 years old (my wife finds me pretty weird to start smoking as I have never smoked before). Anyway... I find that very relaxing and the more I smoke, the more I enjoy that hobby.
I have been enjoying that forum for the past few weeks. There are really tons of information, and the members are very helpful.
At the moment, I am smoking a Stanwell Danske Club (an estate pipe) I bought on e-bay. I think it smokes great (as far as I can say being a newbie). I am waiting for two more pipes, another briar made by Butz-Choqiun and a MM corn cob (the diplomat). The only tobacco I have been smoking is Captain Black Gold (the only one I was able to find where I live; which is in Chicoutimi... Two hours north of Quebec City). I am waiting for two new brands I have ordered today (McClelland Morton Frog on the Town and Sutliff Molto Dolce) from one of the sponsor. Really looping forward trains these new brands.
I have so many questions, but I will start with this one: are there some interesting tobacco store and pipe store in Quebec?
Thanks!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Bienvenue au PipesMagazine.com/forums!
We're not as crazy as we first appear. Okay, most of us aren't as crazy as we first appear.
It sounds like you're on the right path with adding some good entry level pipes, and a wide range of tobaccos to explore. I'd encourage you to also try some Virginia, Virginia Burly, and Virginia Perique blends as you continue to explore tobaccos.
I hope you enjoy your stay here.
-- Pat

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Welcome to the forums Tallguy. Good to have you. Well, you're not as old as I was when I started. I'm 56 and only started a little over a year ago. Never touched tobacco before that (except for a little chewing tobac when I was in college). But better late to the party rather than never. I too started out with Captain Black but it was the white rather than the gold. It was okay but not as good as many of the others that you will undoubtedly comes across as the enablers on this forum suggest many others. Pat gives good advice on the other types of tobacco to try. There's a lot to learn, but this is the place to find the answers. Happy smoking :puffpipe:

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Welcome tallguy!
Don't let Pat kid you, Most of us probably are bonkers but we mean well. :D
Yes PM is a wealth of pipe and tobacco knowledge and history -Enjoy.

tallguy

Lurker
Sep 2, 2014
Thanks for the good words...
Pruss: I took note of your advice!

Davidintexas: never too late to take good habits ;-)

Yaddy306: thanks for the adress, I'll look into it :)

eusebius

Lurker
Jun 19, 2014
Welcome tallguy. If you have the chance, listen to the pipes magazine podcast. Brian Levine is a wonderful source of information.

ect0plasme

Lurker
Sep 7, 2014
I am from Quebec City and I just started smoking the pioe too!! The best place in QC is Tabagie J.E. Giguere on rue Buade in old quebec. I just bought my first pipe, a Rattray ´ s briar!! My girlfriend also thinks me weird mostly because I'm 30 :). The guy at the shop sold me the solani 131 (scotch whisky flavored) since I told him I am a scotch fan. Is this a good weed to start with?

Status
Not open for further replies.