Newbie from Seattle....thanks everyone for great info and great forum!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbaccylassie

Lurker
Aug 30, 2012
Seattle, Washington
Hi all, Greetings from Seattle! Lots of great info on the forums, especially this thread! I'm a noob too, smoking for only 2 months. I used to smoke a pipe briefly in college but was too concerned at the time of people thinking it was weird for a lady to smoke pipes, so I stopped. 27 years later, I'd like to say that I don't care what people think anymore. :D. Just wanted to say chime in and say "thanks" to all the people here on the forums that are happy to help out newbies like tagriese and me. Wonderful advice here. Right now, I'm a "Mini-Cob Queen" (what my cigar buddies call me) with one Brindisi and a few cheapies (F.E.S.S, chinese brand "Ju Dou" and a "D brand" from Holland, which smoke okay despite my initial skepticism), and of course a bunch of mini cobs,....looking forward to sampling the myriad of tobaccos out there.
By the way,does there happen to be any other ladies here on the forum? I met up with WhimsyT, who happens to be on another forum (ladies of the briar on Yahoo groups), but just wondering if there were any others here.
Anyhow, thanks guys, for a wonderful forum.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Hey! Welcome to the forums! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I'm over on the east side of the state (pullman) if you ever in the area let me know! Also there are other women on the forum but I haven't seen them on for a month or so.

Cheers

Gunnar

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Welcome! Yes there are several ladies who smoke on here. None of them care much what others think of them either. Forum Buy/Sell/Trade rules apply of course, but when you get the chance, check out thesmokindragon's cobs. He buys quality MM Cobs and takes them to a whole new level!

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Welcome, Restita. Besides whimsyt, cyndi, pipemama and echopipe are also occasionally active on the forum.
Please be sure to visit the Seattle Pipe Club which meets in Fife on the second Wednesday of each month. At the meetings I have been to, there are about half a dozen or more female members, one of whom also meets on the Ladies of the Briar group. I'm busy during the summer months, but I'll be back there in October or possibly November. Hope to meet you.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Welcome to the forum.. Nice to see more ladies joining........

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Welcome, friend.
I've been smoking a pipe off and on for over 35 years and, after joining up, found out that I didn't know diddley-squat about pipe smoking.
This is a great place to learn. Nobody will ding you for asking what you might think are dumb-ass questions. We were all newbs/noobs once and the only dumb ass question is the one that never gets asked.
Opinions, on the other hand, run amok. Problem is, everybody is so damned polite here you'll never see a flame war.
So, when somebody unequivocally states that their favorite tobacco is the best ever made, note it on a list and, if your local B&M doesn't have it, somebody here will more than likely send you a bowlful.
This forum is just that kind of place.
Cheers.
Fnord

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
start that again or we'll end up with Cyndi and me discussing French landmarks again.

I thought London Bridge was in the UK...
Welcome to the madness! Be sure to check out the rules and follow them. If you don't, Lawrence gets grumpy and we have to coax him back into his cage with chocolate peppers.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.