3-estate-meers-150x112.jpg
colored-billiard-1-150x112.jpg
colored-billiard-2-150x112.jpg
colored-billiard-3-150x112.jpg
colored-billiard-case-150x112.jpg
hand-bowl-1-150x112.jpg
hand-bowl-1-150x112.jpg
sleek-billiard-3-150x112.jpg
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/13488/sleek-billiard-2-150x112.jpg[/img
Hello All,

I'm a newbie and I hope the pics uploaded properly. I just picked up these 3 estate meerschaums that I stumbled across at a yard sale. The seller was able to tell me very little about them so I basically have zero info regarding who/where made, how old they are, their potential value. I paid a total of $90 for the two billiard shapes and $120 for the hand holding bowl. To me the classic billiard patina looked natural but not sure about the hand holding bowl. Both billiard shape pipes have real amber stems. All 3 pipes appear to be in mint condition. She took what I could afford which was much less than she was asking so I'm really hoping I at least got a fair price at $210 for the 3. Any help anyone could provide regarding information on any of them would be so greatly appreciated. I'm unable to locate any markings on bowls or stems. The only case that I can find markings on is inside the classic billiard case. It reads "real amber" where the stem would rest and has a red diamond where the bowl rests which reads within it "real premier meerschaum

Thank you for looking and considering. Better quality and additional photos can be viewed in my profile album. They are the only photos currently in my album.

Aimus

aimus1

Lurker
Jun 6, 2015
Amber stems on the 2 billiards was part of the little info the seller could provide. The case for the classic billiard has "real amber" printed inside as stated in the original post. I've tried researching and don't know if the patina on the classic billiard was possibly natural, ox blood stained or the like.

I also belong to an outdoorsmans/sportsmans forum where everyone is really helpful to one another. Was hoping that the pipe forum folks were cut from similar cloth. As stated I don't know a whole lot. If anyone would be willing to provide any useful information or help point me in the direction of someone that could It would be very much appreciated. The only meer I've ever owned was handed down to me from my grandfather upon his death. I've become very much interested in them especially used estates. I'm more or less just hoping to gain some validation that I got a fair price and didn't get hosed. The seller had about a dozen estate meers as well as a dozen estate briars. She said that her dad was a pipe collector but not a pipe smoker and that the pipes she was showing me were but a fraction of what she had. She took my phone number and said she could text me some pictures or I could travel to where her dad's collection was currently which is about 2 hours from my house. I've always wanted to start a pipe collection and am hopeful that I found a little score regarding getting my pipe collecion started with some really nice pieces for seriously low prices.

Thanks All Again In Advance,

Aimus

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
Can you post some larger images? Imgur is good for that.
The two colored ones are definitely oxblood/dragon's blood coloring, and I love those. These are all, if nothing else, quite old.

aimus1

Lurker
Jun 6, 2015
I will try. Can you see them in my album? I know the photos in my album are clickable which allows you to view them much larger.

rottingcorpse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2015
Those are beautiful. You got a very good deal on those fully colored meers. I'm super jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.