PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallguy

Lurker
Sep 2, 2014
I know that there are lots of trends about filtered or unfiltered . And that most pipe smoker in this forum seem to be using unfiltered pipes, but I wanted to try it by myself... So here are my first impressions.
Pipe : Stanwell Danske Club

Tobacco blend: CBG
At first, I found sipping more difficult, but after a few minutes, that sensation disappeared. The smoke was really cooler and dryer. For the first time, I was able to sense some new flavors (some vanilla, and perhaps even a bit nutty). Probably because of the cooler smoke. Snokeling was also easier (without a filter, the smoke tend to irritate my sinuses).
I really liked that first experiment. Looking forward pursuing with some other blends.

:puffpipe:

Jul 29, 2014
I don't have any 9mm but I have the 6mm paper in the cob and a balsa in the Savinelli. I really enjoy the Balsa and I don't seem to be losing flavor... or am I? :puffy:

portalhq

Lurker
Aug 22, 2014
I've got a couple of 6mm Dr Grabows and a balsa wood Savinelli, but I want to try the 9mm pipes. I have my eye on a Vaun. Most of my pipes are unfiltered but I like the dryer smoke from the filters.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I have one pipe that takes a 9mm filter. A Chacom 2011 POY and it smokes wonderful as long as I use Savinelli balsa filters. Any other kind of 9mm filter I don't like at all. But with the Savinelli 9mm, the draw is easy and there is less moisture for sure. I find I like it better than the Savinelli 6mm filters, although I wouldn't call them bad.

The 6mm balsa filters are nice in other pipes besides Savinellis too, such as cobs, depending on what tobacco I'm smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.