Tags:  No tags yet. 

NewBee Pipes

(6 posts)
  • Started 8 months ago by ivvabiggin
  • Latest reply from lawdawg
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ivvabiggin

Login to Send PM

I bought recently one of these pipes off Alibaba, it said it was 100% briar and I believe it as the pipe is lightweight and smokes well, doesn't heat up, etc. I'm just curious if anyone has heard of these pipes before as I can't seem to find any reviews about them. Link to my specific pipe, I have the dark-ish brown one.

Posted 8 months ago #
  2. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

ivvabiggin, welcome to the forums. Since you are a new member, I removed the link you have provided and inserted a picture into your post (from your link).

Javan
    Posted 8 months ago #
  3. mikethompson

mikethompson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forums!

I've never bought a pipe off of Alibaba, I'm not that, convinced, of the overall quality of the pipe and its components. Is that a bowl coating in there?

Posted 8 months ago #
  4. civilwar

civilwar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the Forums!

Posted 8 months ago #
  5. lifesizehobbit

lifesizehobbit

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome aboard. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on your pipes as I'm not familiar with them.

Dave "Black Frigate Stowaway"
    Posted 8 months ago #
  6. lawdawg

lawdawg

Login to Send PM

Rather than buying pipes from unknown makers in Asia, I like browsing ebay for deals on estate pipes. It's true that ebay estate pipes can be hit or miss. However, in my experience, that's true of all pipes. Pipes can be a funny thing. One pipe I find myself routinely reaching for is a no-name estate pipe of English origin I got for about $10.00 on ebay with an over-reamed / out-of-round chamber, and a draught hole drilled just a bit too high, but it smokes cool and dry regardless!

Posted 8 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   tbradsim1, aldecaker, acidpox, emile7, sholto, morgansteele, marc75, olkofri, jiminks, upnorth1