PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
The Dunhill "trio" of Early Morning Pipe, My Mixture 965 and Nightcap is available in bulk at P&C for a good price.
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/bulk-tobacco/?f_Pipe+Tobacco+Tobacco=Latakia
There are also many H&H blends at P&C to start you down the Latakia road:
H&H Ambassador's Blend, Sunjammer, Magnum O!, BlackHouse, WhiteKnight, Beverwyck ...
Good luck and Happy Puffing! :puffy:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Try to remember that the difference between the most expensive bulk tobacco and the least expensive is about 16 cents a bowl, so you should smoke what you enjoy and not worry about it.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
My first Lat blend was a bulk. I guess a lot of Lat smokers are not very high on this blend, but I liked it right away and it led me to try other Lat blends. Newminster #52 is a strongly Lat laced blend. From what I can gather, the Peter Stokkebye and Newminster blends are very good bulk blenders, and you can read reviews on all their offerings if you search them out.

+1 on the H&H blends, White Knight, 10 - Midnight is a tasty Lat crumble cake with Va that's mild but tasty and can be had in bulk.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A few moderate priced Latakia blends available in bulk you might like are Altadis Fox and Hound; C&D Stratfordshire; and Dunhill My Mixture 965. There are quite a few in this category, so you might comb through some of the retail sites bulk tobacco entries. cigrmaster has a point, that you may want to try at least some blends in tins, for a little extra. I highly recommend Nat Sherman 536, which is one of the most refined English blends I know. You might also like Mac Baren's HH Latakia Flake, if you want to try smoking flake. Welcome aboard.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I think there's a few here that enjoy Peter Stokkebye Proper English....that is a bulk blend that would be affordable.
Personally, I think pipe smoking in general is affordable. You might also consider buying a G.L. Pease blend in the 8 oz tubs....brings the cost per ounce down, and he does some great stuff with latakia. Westminster, Gas Light, etc.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
http://m.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/cornell-diehl/bulk/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=66072

+1 Harris

Try to remember that the difference between the most expensive bulk tobacco and the least expensive is about 16 cents a bowl, so you should smoke what you enjoy and not worry about it.

What the heck is the difference? Find a good one and don't worry about the prices. The most expediencies fresh tobacco on the market is still dirt cheap in comparison to decent cigars or even cigarettes. Life is too short to only swim in the swill.

Status
Not open for further replies.