Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

powertrip240

Lurker
Jun 4, 2019
What's up guys and gals? I'm pretty new to pipe smoking, only been doing it for a couple months, but I'm really digging it. I smoked cigarettes for many years, then went to vaping for a while, but now I'm strictly a pipe smoker. I smoke approximately 5 or 6 bowls a day. I started with aromatics, and have found a few I really like. I recently started trying some English blends, and am working on finding what I like, and what I don't like. I've been building up a pipe collection rather quickly, I'm currently at 15, with another 8 coming in the mail soon (damn eBay!) I'm here to learn more about the hobby, and hopefully contribute from time to time as well.

morgansteele

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2018
Arizona Pipe Club's next meeting is this Saturday, 6/8 at 1 p.m. at Big Sticks in Mesa. All are welcome.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Welcome to the site. Which aromatics are the ones you really like? Which english blends have you tried so far?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome to the site. Here are a few of my favorite blends that are easy to find.

Escudo

Capstan Blue Flake

Mac Baren Old Dark Fired

Solani 633 and 660 Silver Flake.

Savinelli Doblone d'Oro

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
power', sounds like you are off to an energetic start in only months. You might want to slow down on the pipe purchases. With scores of pipes, I should talk. However, as you get to know the ones you have, and will have, you will learn more about the various shapes, filters and no filters, materials, weights, and such, and you will develop tastes and ideas that may not correspond to your first purchases. So slow down and have fun learning the ropes, and above all, take your time. Gathering the knowledge in your own time, your own way, is a major part of the enjoyment. Welcome aboard. There is a wealth of knowledge and information here, many long-time experienced smokers and some talented carvers and restorers, and a number of actual pros. Likewise with tobacco blends and single-leaf, buy in small quantities, and even when you love a blend, keep amounts small, since your tastes will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.