PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Both Greg Pease's intro piece and Hylton's main story are just wonderful. One of the tobacco Nazis made a rather negative post on the NY Times about the Hylton article.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Great story, and now the world of pipesmokers will be on the hunt for some of the unavailable Semois. Do you think that tourism will increase in Belgium because of this??? LOL

Ahhh, a fine Belgian Ale and a bowl of Semois. Any Belgian pipe makers out there???

I know, too many questions. :puffy:

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Great article. Who knows? Might it lead to a pipe renaissance? I hope so. Speaking of Semois, here's a link to The Dutch Pipesmoker run by Arno, in which he has an excellent article on this refined country tobacco.
http://dutchpipesmoker.wordpress.com/2013/03/19/sunny-semois/
2769777d.jpg

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Wonderful read indeed. I see a visit to Belgium, beyond my usual Brussels, in my future. I have puffed Semois, but in a pouch, not the brick form. I gave the pouch to the late Bob Runowski, aka Morleysson, an esteemed member of my Morley's Club, knowlegable to the extreme and otherwise delightful. My gift made him very happy, but then, he was a burley guy, which I still am not.
hp

les

nobail

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2011
Oregon
I emailed Vincent about four months ago asking for the price to ship a box to the USA. He returned my email but was only interested in where I had read about his tobacco. He has never followed up with a price. It seems he is more interested in press. I was very disappointed. Maybe it was lost in translation.

Dutch Pipe Smoker

(arno665)
Apr 3, 2013
The Netherlands
dutchpipesmoker.com
I think maybe Vincent forgot to mention the price in his enthusiasm. Vincent is very good-hearted towards his customers. When you order at him he usually already sends the package before receiving the payment.

Oh, and the language issue. Vincent speaks only a very little bit English.. That also goes for his wife and I believe his daughter knows some Dutch so I assume she must know some English.

Status
Not open for further replies.