PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
After reading a recent post about double edge shaving, the light went on. I now use an empty tobacco tin to put my used DE blades in before disposing of them.
The post also inspired me to get rid of my old synthetic brush and buy a silver tip badger, and to give my dad's old razor the respect it's due and retire it. Just bought a Merkur 34C.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think almost any kid between the ages of six and fifteen would be delighted to have an empty tobacco tin

to store their treasures, whatever they may be. Also seems like they'd be great for paper clips, hair pins,

straight pins and other sewing stuff, etc. etc. Teachers might be able to use them for school projects and

storage. They are way too well made to simply recycle. Also good, if well labeled, for shop storage of

wood screws, washers, bolts, etc. etc.

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
Igloo, my neighbor was renovating his bathroom and took out part of the wall behind his medicine cabinet. He reached in without looking not realizing that that is where old razors used to be disposed of. Cut his hands up. I used an old tin to make a clock for my grandfather for his birthday. I'll try to post a picture of it later. It was a fast and cheap project, but it produced a nice gift that he really liked.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Ah I love empty tins. Some of mine have fishing gear in, some are survival kits for the car etc. one of them has dirt and fragmented bullet casings from passchendaele in, another's full of an afternoons worth of .22LR. Most useful things ever.

ugh457

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2013
Brantford, Ont.
There is a little slot in the medicine cabinet that you drop the blades into where they fall into the abyss .
Not an uncommon occurrence I'm sure, I helped with a renovation on an old house. The cabinet was made of wood and had a 'blade vault' feature ... lol ... in the bottom of the wall cavity, there must've been blades 8" deep!!

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
The house is in Rhyolite home of the Bullfrog Mine that slope contains some of the richest gold ore ever found .It sits right on the edge of Death Valley .Eight miles to the west is mountain with a south slope of pure Amethyst .Forty or so miles to the east is the Pepto Bismol Mine .

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
unnamed-600x450.jpg

I have posted this before, but this is what I do with my old tins. I used to work for a candle company so I just turn my empty tins into soy candles! The wife loves them as well so that is a bonus.

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
Most, if not all, DE blade packages (boxes) come with a slot to put them in. Sometimes you have to pop out the "door" to the slot, but it should be there.
And this would free up your empty tins for some other thing. What, I can't imagine. But, something.

Status
Not open for further replies.