PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

swb118

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 20, 2016
I couldn't find my stopper for my kitchen sink this morning. Enter an empty GLP tin. It works.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Obviously, empty tins are great for holding shaving soap.
Also, I glued one shut and used a drimmel to cut an inch long slot in the side. Presto! A cool place to contain used DE blades.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I always jar the tobacco and bin the tin. Honestly never thought of repurposing them but I think they'd be good for for storing nuts and bolts and washers and such. They don't break like babyfood jars.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Doctor asked for a feces sample. Sent it to him in an Irish Flake tin. Took a bit of effort to get it all to fit.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
Doctor asked for a feces sample. Sent it to him in an Irish Flake tin. Took a bit of effort to get it all to fit.
Funniest thing I read today. Thanks, DM.
Why Irish Flake?

Why not Old Dark Fired? or Brown Clunee, or Brown Bogie, or....well, you get it.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Doctor asked for a feces sample. Sent it to him in an Irish Flake tin. Took a bit of effort to get it all to fit."
By all accounts it's great with a bit of age on it, Revor Plug smokers go mad for the stuff :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We have various empty tins sitting around the house, filled with pennies. They get a shake when one of the two cats is into/on something they shouldn't. Once the Christmas tree goes up, they get a good work out.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
True story. When my wife was in college, her mother had to mail out two packages. Cookies to her daughter and a stool sample to a medical lab. I hope the lab enjoyed the cookies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I hope the lab enjoyed the cookies.
We did NOT eat those. :mrgreen:
Also true story ... one time, while working the bench in the Micro Dept., we received an unusually nice container from an outpatient. The sticky note on top said ... no joke ... "Please return container". 8O

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"Took a bit of effort to get it all to fit."
But (or is that butt?), only because he took the time to creatively shape it as shown below:
th

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My daughter In Law is an Artist. She paints them with holiday scenes and uses them as ornaments.
Whew! Given the previous few posts were talking about stool samples, I had a moment or two to readjust.
Have you any pics of the Holiday Scenes? Sounds clever.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
When I lived in the city, there was a discount chair store a few blocks from my apartment. I walked past one day and they had a sign in the window "Stool Sample Sale". I shit you not.

Status
Not open for further replies.