PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
I was finally able to get to the office and picked up the much anticipated package from Uncle Arthur. I find this to be a wonderful pipe, well crafted, and I think the bone inlay really sets it off.
I can say it has a very open draw and now that I have photographed it in it's new, un-smoked condition I am looking forward to christening it with a bowl of Irish Aromatic.
UncleArthur1.jpg

UncleArthur2.jpg

UncleArthur3.jpg

He also included this great tamper.
Tamper.jpg

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
This pipe looks great! Arthur is really quite a craftsman. I agree with you, the bone inlay sets it off and the tamper is too cool. Enjoy it.

dd951

Can't Leave
Jun 18, 2010
Uncle Arthur is really making some beautiful Pipes, and I like this one too :clap:

westcoastrich

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2011
Pipetrucker, do you have a special ashtray or holder to use for your pipe's while driving or do you not smoke while driving ? It would seem like quite a lot to do while shifting and steering.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Pipetrucker, do you have a special ashtray or holder to use for your pipe's while driving or do you not smoke while driving ? It would seem like quite a lot to do while shifting and steering.
Nothing special at the moment, although Scott is sending me one of his Pipe Trays to test out to see how it does in a big rig compared to a passenger vehicle.
I do smoke pretty much constantly while driving. Just cruising down the interstate it is no big deal, but on secondary roads and in towns I just clench so as to have both hands free to steer and shift through 13 gears as needed, as well as operating the various other controls one needs to run a big rig.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Thanks, gents.
Arthur, I have only smoked one bowl in it yet but am already liking this little pipe a great deal. It will take a little breaking in but promises to be a great smoker.

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
Uncle A, that tamper is really a clever design. I assume that the ring doesn't come off. So did you start with a solid piece and carve the ring in its spot? I guess you would have to unless you have a magic wand that expands and contracts wooden rings? Do you? : )

htmn246

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2010
enjoy your new pipe i got mine yesterday great smoker. i hope you get many years smoking from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.