PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
I am heading to my tobacconist tomorrow and I am looking for a new everyday tobacco. Recently, I got into McClelland Tudor Castle, and I fell in love. Although, I don't think I can smoke it more than twice in a day. It is a bit tangy and bites a bit, probably because I smoke too quickly. It is a great tobacco, please don't get me wrong. I guess I was just looking for suggestions for an every day smoke. I was thinking about trying some McClelland Deephallow, or maybe some GL Pease or C&D blends. Any ideas????

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I just got some 1-Q from a member here and it is real smooooth and taste is gooood.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Do yourself a favor and get some G.L. Pease Westminster and/or Barbary Coast. Westminster is an excellent intro/light Eniglish/Latakia blend, and Barbary Coast is a Burley blend (the only one -so far- that I like) which contains flavors that are wonderful. I'd also look to see if they have and Escudo which is one of the best VaPers out there...
-Jason

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Check out the Rattray blends. Very high quality products. I'd disappoint Jason, aka lordnoble, if I didn't suggest Bagpiper's Dream. But also look at Accounant's Mixture and Red Raparee.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
bow legged bear just to try sumtin diffrent it is a plug an english/navy style blend and no bite but a heck of a nic kick another one to try is C&D's Epiphany its my all day smoke for the past couple of weeks

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
GLP Key Largo. I am quite smitten with this tobacco. Burley, Virginia, Latakia, Orientals and Cigar Leaf in a broken flake. This is a home run. Smokes so cool and flavorful. Wonderful stuff.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I second the suggestion for Rattray's Accountant's Blend, and GLP Key Largo, both wonderful smokes IMHO, I'd also recommend McClellands Blue Mountain, it's fast becoming one of my go to blends!

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
Thanks fellas! I appreciate your suggestions. This got me thinking someone should post a "top 5 tobacco" topic.

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
Any of the Frog Morton line. G.L. Pease Chelsea Morning is pretty good, and C&D Sunset Harbor Flake isn't bad either. :puffy:

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
I think I have decide on McClelland Deep Hollow for my everyday, and either Frog Morton or C&D Tuskegee Airmen for my every so often...??? What do you think?

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
i think the frog morton on the town is a great regular smoke.

most of my favorite all day smokers have been bulk buys from local places. Meditation is a mild english i get that is wonderful for an all day smoke... like a very mild cigar. i would say check out some mild english blends. but that's my tastes.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
GLP Cairo is another good take on the VaPerO style, as is C&D Sunday Picnic; both hearty, rich, and something you could smoke all day. Me, I tend to smoke anything combustible within arm's reach all day. The cats know when to run.

harrier52

Can't Leave
Aug 7, 2011
Ill second jasons recomendation of Frog Morton on the Town. Good stuff cant get enough of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.